Support

Open search

External mic will be used to record audio and keyboard issues

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi everyone,

I'm having issue with the mic.

Every time I try to record something,  the following message appears: "External mic will be used to record audio" (you can see it in the picture attached below).

This happens all the time, even when an external mic isn't plugged in, making it impossible to pick up audio.

For example, when I try to send an audio on WhatsApp, whoever is receiving my audio says that they can't hear anything, because the phone records with an external mic that is actually not existent.

A temporary solution is to restart the phone (which is annoying to do all the time), because the situation goes back to normality just for some time. Afterwards, the issue presents itself again and again.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

I'm quite sure the phone hasn't always been like this. It seems like an update made it this way (or at least that's my guess).

In fact I'm having other issues as well, like:

-slow keyboard: basically when I type, it takes long for letters to appear on the screen;

-also concerning the keyboard: when I press shift or caps lock, sometimes on the keyboard some letters appear as uppercase and some don't. Whatever I type is correct, I mean that the keyboard shows the letters in a wrong fashion. It's like some letters freeze into an uppercase appearance and the rest don't.

The keyboard issues appeared after the keyboard update. However, I don't remember when the mic started acting this way.

I hope someone has helpful tips.

I thank you all in advance.

P.S. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

20200728_000654.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have been experiencing this too and it's extremely frustrating. Also using an S9+.

Highlighted

Hi, unfortunately, I haven't.

I think I'll go ask a Samsung service centre that is near my home, cause the mic issue is quite annoying.

I think the keyboard has got better after the last update, but I'll still ask about it.

I'll let you know what they tell me.

Top Liked Authors