Support

Open search

Default Calendar

Highlighted
First Poster

How do I set the default calendar when adding a task? 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Poster

Same problem here, any suggestions?? Nearly every third party app supports setting up default calendars except the stock version of Samsung Calendar app. 

Highlighted
@Daz1972: When you add an event by either tapping on the relevant date, or selecting the '+' symbol in the bottom right corner, you should see an option towards the top that says 'My Calendars'. Simply tap this and it will bring up any calendars you have synced to the app for selection.
Highlighted

Adding an event by double tapping a specific date or hitting the '+' sign in the bottom right brings up a dialog where I'm able to select to which of my many calendars this event should be added to. But what I am looking for is an option to set one of these calendars as default, so that next time when I add another event it will automatically preset this choosen calendar in the event dialog. Third party apps like DigiCal and many more offer this functionality, why not Samsung Calendar?

Highlighted

Implementation in DigiCal calendar appImplementation in DigiCal calendar app

Highlighted

@ibimseinuser wrote:

Implementation in DigiCal calendar appImplementation in DigiCal calendar app

Where is this screen? I've searched through all the Samsung calendar menus but can't find it. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Having the same issue with my s10, I've also looked every where. Where did the user find this list?

Highlighted

Save an item to the calendar you wish to be your default calendar. The next time you try to add a new event to the calendar it should now default to the calendar.

Top Liked Authors