Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Ringtones refuse to save to the contact

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 09:16 AM)
Hogesinwa
Student
Options

Hi.  I have an S9.  I have about 6 of my chief contacts with individual ringtones - snippets of tracks that I have snipped and saved myself.  All 6 work just fine.

Yesterday, I tried to add 2 more.  They are EXACTLY the same type of snippet/extract.  They are in EXACTLY the same place as the other ringtones.  They play just fine if I click on them.  They are EXACTLY the same file type as the 6 that work - mp3.

For whatever reason, when I add them to the Contact, they show up BUT disappear and get replaced by Default Ringtone as soon as I exit the contact.  They absolutely refuse to save.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks

HogesinWA

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
bartsimpson
Explorer
Options
maybe you can only have a limited number of ringtones
0 Likes
Hogesinwa
Student
Options

Good point.  I wonder where that info would be?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I had this issue when i was using a certain app to pick the sound files, i switched to a different one and it worked. how are you selecting the file you want?

I would recommend looking at my post on this similar topic

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/text-notification-sound-s20-ultra/m-p/1...

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Hogesinwa
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for that.

I am not using an app to insert ringtones.  I have mp3 snippets that I have copied into the Music directory.  I have hundreds of tracks in there, and also the 6 already-working ringtones.  The two new ones just won't "stick" to the contact.  I THINK, but only suspect because I can't see any other directories, that the phone is not seeing those mp3's and is actually getting the music from somewhere else.  There is nothing in the Ringtone directory so it's not there.  However, as always, who's to say that when the first 6 were attached Music was a valid source directory and after some/one/any update of OS, the phone is now looking elsewhere?  This is way beyond my level.  But, as always, I've looked out the window and the sun is still shining so the world's not ended because I can't ascribe a Ringtone to a contact, eh?

0 Likes