Support

Open search

Clock and alarm

Highlighted
First Poster

I am unable to change the fact that my clock "alarm and timer alerts" notification settings is set to silent. Need some help please

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Poster

Nevermind looks like it was just a glitch or bug but it somehow resolved itself.

Highlighted
First Poster

Screenshot_20191025-084804_Settings.jpg

I have cleared cache and even deleted some apps. I have tried every trick I could find online but still nothing works. Come on Samsung get your sh*t together. This mom needs an alarm that WORKS.

Highlighted

Hey @Needalarmfixed ,

we would happily take a look into this with you, can you tell us which phone and software version is your mum using? are you able to run the phone in Safe Mode and let me know if the issue persists? Safe Mode wouldn't remove anything from your phone; it allowed us to know if a third-party app is causing the issue. Please follow these steps to put your device into Safe mode: Turn off your device > Power on your device normally > As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key > Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen > Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar.

Highlighted

I am experiencing this same problem. Once on safe mode how do you determine if a 3rd party is changing clock settings. I need a reliable alarm clock! Some alarms go off with sound, others don't, and I don't know when they'll work. Very frustrating!😡

Highlighted

I see this is an older post, but I am having this same issue with my S9plus right now. My alarm was working earlier today, & now it is not. I went into settings & it stuck on silent with no option to turn it on. I see your suggestion to run phone in safe mode. I'll try that, but I haven't installed any new apps in a couple months. So, when I am in safe mode what am I looking for, & how will I know which app is the problem, (if there is one)?  If it is not an app, what else might be causing this problem? I use my alarm clock many times during the day for important reminders, so not having it working is really messing up my routine. I Need it back asap. Please help!!!

Highlighted

Same Problem with Note10 Lite .

Please your help...........

Highlighted

I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, it was an easy fix. Have you tried restarting your phone.

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue after that last update. I've cleared the cache and rebooted the phone. Sample alert tone plays fine, but alarm only uses audible alerts once in a while. Anyone know the resolution?

Top Liked Authors