Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't transfer files from/to Galaxy S9

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 11:58 AM)
jeandakach
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

After updating my Galaxy S9 to latest Android version (G960FXXU7CSJ1/G960FOXM7CSJ1/G960FXXU7CSI6) I tried connecting my phone to my laptop running Windows 10 Home x64 v1903 & to my other laptop running Windows 7 Pro x64 v6.1.7601, but both my laptop failed in at giving me access to transfer files from my Galaxy S9. I tried the below points but still failing. The notification says that my cell in charging every time I connect it to mg laptop.

• I downloaded and installed the correct drivers for both windows.

• I enabled USB debbuging in the developer options menu

• I chose "Transfer Files" under "Default USB Configuration in the developer options menu

• I tried 3 different type-c cables

• I did a hard reset and wiped the cache partition.

• I tried other USB ports on both laptops

Can anyone help access my internal storage so I am able to transfer files from/to my S9.

Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello @jeandakach 

Quick fix please.

1. Install Smart Switch to your computer (sometimes ,requires necessary drivers for PC/laptop to detect the phone):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/getting-started/smart-switch/
https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Restart the computer if required.

2. Install Smart Switch app from Google Play Store to your phone too.

3. Connect the phone to computer via USB cable.

4. Browse the Computer Drive/Explorer (press Win logo+E)

Thank you! ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello @jeandakach 

Quick fix please.

1. Install Smart Switch to your computer (sometimes ,requires necessary drivers for PC/laptop to detect the phone):

https://www.samsung.com/uk/getting-started/smart-switch/
https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Restart the computer if required.

2. Install Smart Switch app from Google Play Store to your phone too.

3. Connect the phone to computer via USB cable.

4. Browse the Computer Drive/Explorer (press Win logo+E)

Thank you! ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

sandymo
Pioneer
Options

If your Samsung Galaxy S9 can be detected by computer via usb cable, you can try the way below to transfer files from Samsung Galaxy S9 to computer easily. Here, you need a Samsung mobile manager tool. After you install it on your computer, start it. Connect Samsung Galaxy S9 to computer via usb cable. A deep scan later, all files will be displayed on program window. Then you can previw and choose them to transfer to computer.

Magic55
First Poster
Options

There are several situations where a Samsung mobile phone cannot connect to a computer, the most common of which is that USB debugging is not turned on, and the other situations is that the computer is not installed with a USB driver.The step: enter the settings of the mobile phone → applications → development, check the USB debugging (entering USB debugging→ developer options).

DK14
Apprentice
Options

Anyone have any viable options for linux desktops?  The software noted in this response does not support linux

ASQ1
First Poster
Options

dear Magic, I tried all the possible ways but still I have same problem. it is not connected with computer by USB cables.

0 Likes
DK14
Apprentice
Options

For what it is worth, there was no solution or support for *nix 

The fix was to dismount the microcard, remove it, transfer the files then remount it.  

It was probably faster, throughput wise, as well.

0 Likes
Faizan Niazi
First Poster
Options

I'm also facing the same problem with my S9+ but I'd add one more thing that I want to connect my phone to android tv as external storage to access my media from tv .I guess it's same mechanism but I need more detail for tv. thankx

0 Likes
vaxvms
Student
Options

Did you ever get a resolution on this issue?

I am running Ubuntu 20.04.  When I plugged the phone into the USB port, I got a tone and a message that the phone was charging.  It is.  But running the lsusb command did not find the phone.  Eventually, I tried changing cables, and I found I had one (1) cable that carried a signal.  If lsusb can find it, then the gnome file manager found it and I was able to transfer files back and forth with ease using the file manager.

0 Likes
DK14
Apprentice
Options

Sadly my resolution was to go old school.  Dismount the storage within the phone,physically remove it and connect via usb with a reader.  Not a repeatable solution