Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call recorder

(Topic created on: 22-03-2018 10:29 AM)
Ryan23
Voyager
Options

I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls. 

I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.

It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.

Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.

For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.

Samsung what have you done ?

605 REPLIES 605
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

Hi,

Try Clearing Cache/Data from the App, If this dose not work try reinstalling the application.

Please check permission's within the settings of your device to see if this application 

has the permission's for this. 

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options

Yeah thanks for the reply. Its a little more complicated than clearing cache and checking permissions. Samsung have taken away the possibility to record calls full stop.

My question is why? And is it permenant ?

TomyLEE
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here, also i know that snapdragon version s9+ can record audio with the same app or any other app without any problems at all.  Seems like only exynos versions are affected.

Ryan23
Voyager
Options

Its Samsung S9's across the world affecting ACR customer approx. 1.5 million users 

Follow this link for updates 

https://nllapps.com/samsung

Samsung are already losing customers (S9's) due to this problem.

People are trying to hand back the phone, I'm one of them, im stuck with the S9 plus.

BaxteruK
Navigator
Options

@Ryan23wrote:

Its Samsung S9's across the world affecting ACR customer approx. 1.5 million users 

Follow this link for updates 

https://nllapps.com/samsung

Samsung are already losing customers (S9's) due to this problem.

People are trying to hand back the phone, I'm one of them, im stuck with the S9 plus.

Hi,

Really sorry to hear this. Please feed this information back via the Samsung member's App.

Also have you tried any alternative app to see if this is issue still persist's? 
Have the devolpers of the app mentioned any form of update that may help resolve this issue? 

Ryan23
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options

Hi Yes the developer's have tried but it's Samsung that have caused the problem, please follow the link I've mentioned in the previous message. 

Yes it's all recording apps that are affected by Samsung.

Not good I will never buy there products again I'm trying to get rid of my S9 plus.

How do I pass on a message to Samsung? 

Catel9
Journeyman
Options
Esto es una sinverguenceria por.parte.de.samsung deberian solucionarlo lo.antes posible yo vendere los 5 samsung s9 plis qu btenemos la.familia y los 20 comprados para la empresa los.voy anular la.compra en estos momentos
0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options

Ok spoke to Samsung there is no official way to fix this, Samsung have no update. I've spoke to 3 people now who have managed to get out of the S9 and S9 plus and get different phones. These phones are technically faulty as you are unable to use the facility to record from a digital download that others can. 

I've just spoke to my retailer and they can take the phone back.