Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and Message Continuity future device support

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 05:26 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

So Samsung released a video recently highlighting a 'new' feature for the Tab S5e and S10. Receive calls and messages on your tablet from your phone. 

Reminiscent of SideSync, I want this on my S9+ and Tab S4. There's no reason it shouldn't be! 

Thankfully it is available on my Tab S4 but still not on my S9+ so I can't use it. Anyone know if/when this feature is coming to other devices? 

44 REPLIES 44
Zachb5608
First Poster
Options

What tab S4 model number do you have? Because right now the message and call continuity is not available for mine and does anyone know if it will be available for mine soon? This is the feature I have been waiting for since the tab S2Screenshot_20190801-192724_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Zachb5608, this function should be available for your tablet Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830). You have to enable it in your phone and tablet settings. Please have a look here for more details.

0 Likes
Vimaleddy
Student
Options

Exynos S9 and S9+ will receive it with July security patch. As I type my phone is downloading the update. Does galaxy s4 tab support this feature?

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Vimaleddy, yes it does. Galaxy Tab S4 Wi-Fi (SM-T830) support this feature according to the information from Samsung Members app.

0 Likes
Vimaleddy
Student
Options
Thanks nismo, a question deviating the topic, is it worth to buy a s4 tab now as the prices tend to come down
0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Vimaleddy, no problem! Galaxy Tab S4 is still a good and reliable device. If you need fast processor and support for pen then it is a good idea to buy S4. There is also a Galaxy Tab S5e tablet which is newer and cheaper than S4. It has weaker hardware and do not have support for pen but it is a good device. I am using it since last month and I am very satisfied with general performance of this device. It has Samsung DeX onboard which means you do not have to connect it with external monitor. You can also buy a dedicated keyboard which is also good.

0 Likes
Zachb5608
First Poster
Options

I have looked and searched in my settings I cannot find it anywhere on my deviceScreenshot_20190802-085850_Settings.jpg

@mirudo24 wrote:

@Zachb5608, this function should be available for your tablet Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830). You have to enable it in your phone and tablet settings. Please have a look here for more details.

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Zachb5608, I suggest you to contact Samsung directly via Samsung Members app. This function should be available for your device. Please see below screenshot from Samsung Members notice:

samsung_call_message_continuity__upcoming_devices.jpg

Maybe CMC is country or operator dependent. Unfortunately I do not have more information for you.

0 Likes
Burgerbry
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a s5e tab and a40 phone set everything up but it would only send text but today the tablet rang so I answered and wow it worked,fantastic feature I guess the data was too slow for voice calls originally as I connected opening my hotspot,but hopefully connected both devices to wifi from any 2 sources and it will work..hoping so will update when I try..thanks

0 Likes
disherm
First Poster
Options

Should all galaxy s9's now have the call and message continuity? I updated my s9 today and still do not have it

0 Likes