Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and Message Continuity future device support

(Topic created on: 08-12-2019 05:20 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

So Samsung released a video recently highlighting a 'new' feature for the Tab S5e and S10. Receive calls and messages on your tablet from your phone. 

Reminiscent of SideSync, I want this on my S9+ and Tab S4. There's no reason it shouldn't be! 

Thankfully it is available on my Tab S4 but still not on my S9+ so I can't use it. Anyone know if/when this feature is coming to other devices? 

44 REPLIES 44
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Griefstruelove@Andy2012, you should contact T-Mobile directly and ask about availability of this function. Maybe your carrier do not support this feature and that is why you can not find it in phone settings.

0 Likes
TomasSwede
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm using a A70 with only internet connection in my car as a navigator and second unit and my first unit is a S9. Of course I would like to transfer calls between the phones but I can't make the A70 act as a tablet?? Would it be possible to solve this...?

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello @TomasSwede. Unfortunately it is not possible to use this function between two phones. Primary device is phone and secondary is watch or tablet.

0 Likes
adann
Explorer
Options

I have a S9+ and Tab S6 and have enabled this on both devices. Phonecalls seem to work but seems to be a delay in receiving messages on the tablet and anything I attempt to send will show an error. Any ideas? Network is EE in the UK.

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@adann, have you tried to power off and on both devices? Try also turning off and on call & message function.

0 Likes
adann
Explorer
Options

@mirudo24 wrote:

@adann, have you tried to power off and on both devices? Try also turning off and on call & message function.

Turning both devices off seems to have done the trick. Thanks very much.

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@adann, great! No problem. Thank you for your confirmation.

0 Likes
KIDA444
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S9 with the most recent update on 12\11\19, but it looks like it it just a security patch update. I still do not have the call & text continunity feature.  I have searched EVERYWHERE for it and it is not to be found. 
When will this be updated on the S9's? 

0 Likes
mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@KIDA444, where did you buy your phone? Maybe your carrier do not support this feature and that is why you can not find it in phone settings.

0 Likes
KIDA444
First Poster
Options

My carrier is T-Mobile. Ijust got another new update yesterday and the tab S5e is able to text now.
Ny new issue is that I have little pink dots in some of my text message contacts. I thouhg maybe to indicate which one was a Samsung phone or something but so far it is ily dotting 2 people. WHAT is and why is it there?

0 Likes