Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth wont connect to bluetooth speaker/Alexa

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 07:33 AM)
AHoodie
Apprentice
Options

Hey, I'm having trouble pairing devices to my s9 and I'm not entirely sure why. I've restarted my phone, toggled bluetooth on and off and nothing seems to be working. Any solutions?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@AHoodie: So I can look into this further for you, please can you confirm which devices you are attempting to connect to your Galaxy S9 via Bluetooth? Have you been able to connect the devices successfully to another phone/Bluetooth ready device? In the meantime please can you go to Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > On, to see if this helps. If you're trying to connect a wearable such as a watch or headphones then please download the Galaxy Wearables app, click on 'Let's Get Started' and follow the on-screen prompts.
AHoodie
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@AHoodie: So I can look into this further for you, please can you confirm which devices you are attempting to connect to your Galaxy S9 via Bluetooth? Have you been able to connect the devices successfully to another phone/Bluetooth ready device? In the meantime please can you go to Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > On, to see if this helps. If you're trying to connect a wearable such as a watch or headphones then please download the Galaxy Wearables app, click on 'Let's Get Started' and follow the on-screen prompts.

Thank you for getting back to me. The device I'm trying to connect to through bluetooth is an Amazon Alexa. I upgraded up to my current Galaxy S9 from a Galaxy S6 edge which was previously successfully paired with the Amazon Alexa. Since I upgraded to my current S9 I have not been able to connect it to any other device.  

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for the info, @AHoodie. Have you unpaired the Alexa from your S6 Edge? Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can test with your S9? 

AHoodie
Apprentice
Options

I have now unpaired my S6 from the Alexa device and my S9 still will not pair with the device. I have another Alexa I could try or my laptop.  

0 Likes
WolfyZ
First Poster
Options

Hi

was there a fix for this?

Alexa will pair with my S9 but wont connect to bluetooth

Thanks

0 Likes
MuhammadFaz
First Poster
Options