Support

Open search

Battery Replacement question on S9

Highlighted
Explorer

I know its too early to ask this question since I got my S9 this year in June. But just in case my S9 needs a battery replacement, what is the process for this?

Suppose I find an authorized Sansung Service Center, will they have to ship my phone somewhere else to have the battery replaced or will they do it on the spot locally?

I DO NOT  want my phone to be shipped somewhere else to replace the battery.  That is not acceptable. So, is it just worth asking this when the time comes at a local Service Center?

With this question being asked, I would guess the battery change is very unlikely as most people will buy new phones on an average of within 3 to 4 years. Most phone batteries last tpyically around 3 to 4 years.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Hey @itsonlyme

Should you encounter any issues with your phone you can pop into your nearest Support Centre to have it looked at and repaired. This will be done by inhouse engineers.

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Highlighted

Hi,

As far as I know, a phone that sees heavy use will have its battery charge degrade by almost 50% during a year if you have to charge to full at least twice a day.

I will definitely see significant battery life degradation after 2 years of very heavy use.

You should also be aware that Samsung Official Repair centers only fix phones for their respective region. If you have a phone from a different region which is quite likely in Europe, your phone can only and will only be serviced by a service center from the region the phone is from, so be very careful when purchasing phones from different regions.

Otherwise, you can have your phone battery replaced at unofficial repair locations at your own risk. You should never have your phone shipped away to come back scratched or broken or in a state worse than you handed over. I recommend you also took detailed pictures with another phone before handing it over to ensure all scratches and defects are accounted for before and after the replacement operation. Sometimes accidents happen even in repair shops and it's important you establish who's responsible without a doubt, some repair shops are sketchy when it comes to responsibilities.

PS: Phone providers expect you to buy a new phone "before or because" your battery life no longer lasts long enough to get you trough the day, it's how they sell their new phones.

Sealed phones and easily breakable glass cases have been the trend recently to artificially boost sales of phone producers everywhere. In reality, there would be no need to buy a new phone for 5+ years as a flagship phone will be good enough to last more than that if you had a normal case that is not made of some of the most fragile materials on the planet, and could easily swap a depleted battery for a new one or even buy a higher capacity battery at the expense of the phone's aspect score.

Highlighted

I am Engineering. I am looking forward to replace battery over 3700mah for my Galaxy S9+ but I can't find any website to increase my size of battery. I do believe I can replace my own battery at my own risk. As I look at Note 9 battery battery size I thought I would install to my Galaxy S9+ but the connector are different direction. I was waiting company to increase their battery size sell on Amazon or Ebay to replace new battery (not stock)

Highlighted
First Poster

@itsonlyme wrote:

I know its too early to ask this question since I got my S9 this year in June. But just in case my S9 needs a battery replacement, what is the process for this?

Suppose I find an authorized Sansung Service Center, will they have to ship my phone somewhere else to have the battery replaced or will they do it on the spot locally?

I DO NOT  want my phone to be shipped somewhere else to replace the battery.  That is not acceptable. So, is it just worth asking this when the time comes at a local Service Center?

With this question being asked, I would guess the battery change is very unlikely as most people will buy new phones on an average of within 3 to 4 years. Most phone batteries last tpyically around 3 to 4 years.

Thanks!

Top Liked Authors