Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery Drained With no Phone/App Usage

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 03:42 AM)
ym02
Student
Options

Hi all, 

For some reason today, my battery went from 97% to 3% in a couple hours. I checked battery usage (attached) but it shows that no apps were using the battery, which was weird. I was not near my phone at all the whole time it was draining, but when I came back to it, I noticed it asked me to open it with my pattern because it restarted. There's no indication that it updated or anything (I downloaded the latest update last week), and though at first I thought that Google Play Services might be draining it, the battery usage shows that it wasn't active. Also, my phone's in battery saver mode, so I have no idea why the battery dropped so fast.  I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this! 

Screenshot_20.jpg

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It could be a glitch and not happen again @ym02 which can sometimes happen with technology.

If it does then first clear the phone's system cache files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files cache and clear them. No information is lost this way.

If that does not help then as a very last resort then back up, remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
mccorma
Student
Options
I had a similar problem with my s9+ and used the clean master app to delete the cache files and out of date api files and restarted it and was fine - actually saw my battery click down like a stopwatch! I used that app every so often to stop it happening again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It could be a glitch and not happen again @ym02 which can sometimes happen with technology.

If it does then first clear the phone's system cache files by turning the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files cache and clear them. No information is lost this way.

If that does not help then as a very last resort then back up, remove any relevant sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
mccorma
Student
Options
I had a similar problem with my s9+ and used the clean master app to delete the cache files and out of date api files and restarted it and was fine - actually saw my battery click down like a stopwatch! I used that app every so often to stop it happening again.
0 Likes
ym02
Student
Options

Thank you both! @BandOfBrothers @mccorma I'll try the clean master app first, and if this happens again I'll try directly clearing the cache.

mccorma
Student
Options
Good luck 👍
0 Likes