Support

Open search

Audio and video recordings out of sync

Highlighted
First Poster

When ever i record a video...the audio is out of sync in my recordings...i have a brand new S9..help?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Mine too... did you find a solution?

Highlighted

Hi @Cavedwella and @Muss.

Are both your phones running on the latest software version available? Have you tried a soft reset on the phones? To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts. Let us know how you get on.

Highlighted

I am having the same problems, but holding down the power button and the volume down button eventually opens up the "Maintenance Boot Mode" where you can choose between four things: 1. Normal Boot, 2. Factory Reset, 3. Safe Mode or 4. Power down.  There is no "Soft reset" option (I'm not really even sure what a "soft reset" is).  

When I record video, and then playback, the first couple seconds of the video speeds up; people/things move faster than they naturally did when I took the video, but the audio stays the same...and then for the duration of the video the audio is then always a second or two behind the video.  This makes for a very frustraiting and unfortunate experience, as I'm capturing videos of my kids growing up (boy just learned how to walk and is presently learning new words every day) and the video/memories are ruined.  I need some serious help with this.  Thanks.

Highlighted

I also have the latest software installed, so that didn't fix it.

Highlighted
First Poster
I'm having the same problem in 2019 with an S10, please help!
Highlighted

Don't waste your time asking this question on any forum around the internet. It's a technical issue you will have to face on almost all the smartphone including Samsung. I order to record video/audio with proper sync you either need to buy a professional mic (externally powered by A4 battery or adapter) or use a decent video editing software to edit and sync the video to audio. I am not posting any link to video editing tool or mic. But, you may google for it. Thanks.

Highlighted

It's a fault, maybe with software updates. 

You could try going to settings, apps, camera, storage and clear data. 

Also if using a memory card it might be to old and unable to keep up. 

I'm currently on oreo android 8 and video is flawless, just how it should be. 

You could try a factory reset but he sure to save everything first because it wipes everything and takes your phone back to as if it was new. 

If nothing works I'd contact samsung directly though, repair or replacement. 

Highlighted

@Jeopardy wrote:

Don't waste your time asking this question on any forum around the internet. It's a technical issue you will have to face on almost all the smartphone including Samsung. I order to record video/audio with proper sync you either need to buy a professional mic (externally powered by A4 battery or adapter) or use a decent video editing software to edit and sync the video to audio. I am not posting any link to video editing tool or mic. But, you may google for it. Thanks.

we are not wasting our time.   Samsung is.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue.  I take the video file from the phone and import to Pro Tools, where it is separated as audio and video tracks.  I do this in a professional recording studio, so are another dozen mic WAVs to line them up with.. and the video is always elasticized - literally the length/timing of it is not the same! Its only slight, but the farther you go from where I match them up, the more off it is, so watching musicians play gets really weird.  PLEASE HELP!

Top Liked Authors