Support

Open search

Android pie beta program

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
Highlighted
No one has it by official means or we would have had people saying something in here. Nothing to do with locked or unlocked devices, just Samsung being slow to roll out a beta... Don't be surprised.
Highlighted

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.

@Clinteastman wrote:

I can confirm that after updating via update.zip that my Knox has NOT been tripped and that Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Google Play are all working as normal. Also the HSBC app is working too.

Having said that Samsung Members will tell you that you need to register the phone on the beta program.

Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 

Highlighted

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

Is your play store showing as "certified" - mine is not, this seems to be the issue. 

No, it's not as Google haven't added the rom to there list yet. As the beta rolls on that will change.
I'm still getting updates via Play.

Highlighted

@Clinteastman wrote:

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

No, it's not as Google haven't added the rom to there list yet. As the beta rolls on that will change.

i wonder what is blocking my Google Pay then? Any ideas? Have you actually made a purchase or just opened the app? I can open it and access it, just cant make a payment or add a contactless card.

Highlighted

How do you register the phone on the beta program  if you have used the update.zip to get the beta

Highlighted

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

@Abiodun wrote:

@Clinteastman wrote:

i wonder what is blocking my Google Pay then? Any ideas? Have you actually made a purchase or just opened the app? I can open it and access it, just cant make a payment or add a contactless card.

I don't use Google Pay. As far as I know Pay doesn't work on this rom no matter how you installed it.

Highlighted

@tangram12 wrote:

How do you register the phone on the beta program  if you have used the update.zip to get the beta

I guess the same way as everyone else, wait for it to go live and do it via Samsung Members > Notices.

Highlighted
Not worth doing then. Will just wait and get OTA.
Highlighted

From what I have read you cannot register after flashing, you will have to manually flash all further updates.

EDIT: Source - A lot of posts in the Galaxy S9 subreddit.

@Clinteastman wrote:

@tangram12 wrote:

I guess the same way as everyone else, wait for it to go live and do it via Samsung Members > Notices.

Top Liked Authors