Support

Open search

Android pie beta program

Highlighted
Apprentice

Does anyone know if Samsung are launching a beta program for Android pie? The early builds are out. 

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
Highlighted

Arabianatar, the baseband version will be that, look at the build number further down, not baseband 👌 have a check mate 

Highlighted

Arabinstar, post a screenshot of your software info please 

Highlighted

@badassdad wrote:

Darren Walsh 

What version of sammembers did U used?

U get via it or U just flashed an ota zip from German Beta?

I have listed the latest version on Samsung members few page before 😎

Highlighted

@Woody wrote:

@Arabianstar wrote:

So I've tried on my SM-G965F s9 + and it's BTU unlocked I trans to card and tried three times but failed to install... any ideas please. 

Thank you 🙂

My advice would just be to wait mate. If you've not got the 100% knowhow how to do that then think yourself lucky it hasn't gone wrong because if that goes wrong you could end up with an expensive paperweight. 

Not really doing via update is safe as it verifys it all first, it won't go ahead unless it will work.. 

Odin on the other hand is a completely different ball game 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Screenshot_20181121-024432_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Screenshot_20181121-024414_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Screenshot_20181121-021858_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20181121-025258.jpg

Screenshot_20181121-025249.jpg

20181121_023307.jpg

Flashed the update through recovery on my S9+ UK BTU, can confirm Knox is 0x0 and Samsung Pay is working just fine (initially it stopped working but a quick clear app data and re adding of cards got it back up and running), plus no factory reset needed. It works almost flawlessly aside from periodic stutters and minor night mode issues (such as the Music app showing non night mode notifications when night mode is on) hopefully these will be ironed out in the coming weeks.

If you want to use the zip please make sure you are on 1st November security patch on BTU beforehand, as I cannot guarantee it will work with all CSCs and frankly do not care for people bricking their phones.

The zip I flashed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yUC5_67CHw9aFy2W2_z14eASkxsSYWBO/view?usp=drivesdk

Highlighted

It's should be OXM this means a multi CSC what include ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

Highlighted

I think i figured it out guys.

If you have a smart watch capable of samsung pay and for whatever reason you end up in the same situation as me, where on the gear you tap open samsung pay on phone and then the phone gives an error saying try again later.

Revert back to latest firmware. bjr6, you can get it from sammobile. Wipe the phone clean, install the normal csc and do factory/cache wipe for good measure. Wipe and reset your gear as well. Then, boot up, set it up let the phone restore everything, in the meantime, open samsung gear app and set up samsung pay. After that you can update through the stock recovery to one ui. 

I can confirm it works just fine now.

I am assuming samsung pay plug in is not yet compatible with beta which is why this is happening.

Highlighted

Day 2 of the 'UK rollout' and I am on an unlocked UK, unbranded S9 with no beta notification. I don't want to go down the update.zip flashing route as it looks like my G960F will become a G965F.

I am astounded my the misinformation in this thread from Samsung reps / mods / chats; I know if this was my company and I could see the amount of unhappy customers I had and the negative press being portrayed, I would investigate at all levels to find out what has gone wrong and why.

Highlighted

Yes please do! Will it come to us today I wonder? Can't take much more! 

Highlighted

There is a s9 update package around these forums look for it. 

I sideloaded the beta, couldn't wait for the release

Top Liked Authors