Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 update kills Daydream compatibility

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 06:41 PM)
GinKage
Apprentice
Options

Just like that, without any notice or warning, Daydream no longer works on my S9+.

The same applies to S9 and Note 9, which used to be perfectly compatible with Daydream, but now all you get is this:

Screenshot_20200201-111142_Daydream.jpg

Note that the scene behind this dialog window is actually perfectly rendered, and the phone itself is using the "low motion-blur" screen mode.

The problem is, in Android 8 and Android 9, these phones have defined a system flag "android.hardware.vr.high_performance", which is no longer defined on Android 10.
This is a Samsung-specific problem, as Pixel phones running Android 10 can still use Daydream perfectly (as reported in this Reddit thread).

Hopefully Samsung will be able to get around to fix this problem in a future system update, as it only requires them to add a single xml file to the system image...

248 REPLIES 248
ComplianceDev
Explorer
Options

I am pretty sure you did not hear anything back.

Sign the petition
http://chng.it/WQnjVKHvVv

Class action lawsuit, anyone?

Bump this post everyday or we lose this war
0 Likes
S9own4736
Journeyman
Options
already signed the partition expect they will continue to ignore us we are small fry to them. But this small fry has done doing any business with them in the future.
0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@ComplianceDev wrote:

I am pretty sure you did not hear anything back.

Sign the petition

Just went and signed it. Im still on 9.0 because i blocked the 10 updates. But i would consider updating if they fixed the problems like this first.

0 Likes
ComplianceDev
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I wish I had known.

Iggie
First Poster
Options

I truly hope samsung fixes this in the next update , i just bought my new samsung just to play vr games on it and now it turns out that is was a waist of money since i haven't even got the chance to try out Google daydeream. Please samsung fix this ASAP. We beg of you. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Any official news about this issue, Will daydream be fixed in android 10 or in a future update to be compatible again with our devices?

JerryR
Explorer
Options

They're not going to fix it. Note 9 and S10 will be my last Samsung devices.

0 Likes
BDock
First Poster
Options

Fix this ASAP I paid a lot of money for this phone and for my Google Daydream and now you guys made them incompatible when I just went and spent a bunch of money on VR games this is total BS I will never buy a Samsung phone again if this is the case and I'll be sure to tell my friends the same

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Any official news about this issue, Will daydream be fixed in android 10 or in a future update to be compatible again with our devices?

0 Likes
ComplianceDev
Explorer
Options

Another update on my phone and there are still no Daydream apps for me.

Sign the petition