Support

Open search

After Samsung S9 Pie update my Bottom speaker and earpiece speaker sound has gone down drastically.

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi after the recent update to android pie my samsung s9 speaker sound of bottom and earpiece has decreased drastically. I am unable to hear anything while on call and have to use earphone to talk. anyone having the same issue here.  Samsung solve the issue asap.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hi @gaz360.

If you place the call on loudspeaker, are you able to hear the other person through the external speaker?

Highlighted
Hi Crism yes I am able to hear the sound when kept on external speaker.
Highlighted
Hi Crism yes I am able to hear when kept on external speaker
Highlighted

I'm having the exact same problem. Also the ear proximity sensor that switches off the screen when you talk does not work either.

Any solution?

Highlighted

I took the phone to Samsung CC center. They replaced the earpiece speaker and its working fine now. But i do not understand, the speaker stopped working after the update of present OS. How come the earpiece got diamaged i dnt know. mistry unsolved.

Highlighted

How much did it cost to get the ear peice fixed

Highlighted
As my handset was under warranty I got it fixed freely. But it could have costed not more than 10 dollar including service charge.
Highlighted

So my earpiece now has also become a distorted loudspeaker. And it drops the bass form the main speaker. Sometimes sound great, like it's got stereo now. Others sounds horrible and tinny. Really weird. 

Top Liked Authors