Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Much Noise in Photos After April Update S24 Ultra

(Topic created on: 08-04-2024 05:11 AM)
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

I feel like Smasung has increased the ISO in default settings to increase text readability in zoom conditions. However, it has caused most indoor/low light photos have lots of noise everywhere. I have cleared the cache and data of the camera app and it didn't help. Using Gcam, noise is gone! Who are really the engineers?! behind camera improvement of Samsung who don't even check their mess before their release it; they need to be sent to be trained by Google/Apple camera engineers first! Released in January, we are still waiting for a decent camera in a flagship expensive mobile phone! What a shame....

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
dpikeas
Explorer
Options
Try camera assistant app
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe post some examples so Samsung engineers can see what issues you're noticing.
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

This is the general issue after the latest camera update that photos get noisy a lot specially indoor.  Here's an example of my daughter's face in portrait 

Screenshot_20240417_203754_Gallery.jpg

 Please check the terrible noise in her face...

0 Likes
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

Another example just at 3X non-portrait

No settings has been changed from factory default

Screenshot_20240417_204321_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try pro mode to see if a better picture can be taken, but personally I don't think the image looks bad at all, despite upload compression here.
0 Likes
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

That much noise looks no problem to you? 😁

Pro mode? It's too inconvenient to always go to pro and set everything and shoot...

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No it doesn't, and?
0 Likes
alireza-nasibi
Explorer
Options

Another cropped example just now:

Screenshot_20240417_214412_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
There is a lot of noise in your pictures @alireza-nasibi. Have you tried using Night Mode on indoor pictures?. I use this all time on my S23 Ultra as it eliminates all noise. It is not the answer maybe, if you want to take action or movement involved shots indoors.
0 Likes