Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch to new phone affects battery life

(Topic created on: 26-03-2024 04:53 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Many have pointed out that using Smart Switch to set up a phone causes it to have a bad battery life later on. If that's the case why is nobody reporting it back to Samsung so it gets fixed?

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's is not always the case as I have always used smartswitch with no detrimental effect to my battery

While you're asking that question, have you reported it?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Experiences differ , some prefer setting up their device afresh and using Backups in any case. imagine some have reported the Smart Switch issue  officially  but it may not be the most pressing concern.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The reason it is suggested is because some users but not all have this issue.

The issue resolvea around the apps individual users have on their devices and the temporary cached files that sit dormant on the old device that are copied over as part of the move from once device to another.

As there are millions of apps out there and Samsung cannot be expected to search users devices to see what temporary cached files may exist (imagine the complaints about privacy, gdpr etc - it would be relentless), then it falls to users to factory data reset and start again IF they have issues.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have always used smart switch. Still do. Never had any reported issues 

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

SmartSwitch could transfer some funny configuration on some apps, but this is the first time I hear about affecting battery life later on.

How does it affect the battery life?

0 Likes