Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Ultra battery improvement

(Topic created on: 19-03-2024 08:40 AM)
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I got my S24 Ultra on the 6th of February. Battery was not the best during the learning period, which is the expected behaviour. After the learning period was over, battery performance did not feel it had improved considerably.

There have been some posts about battery performance being worse after last update. My phone was struggling to go over one day. Finally, it seems that phone has settle down. I charged the phone on Sunday and today in the morning it still had 50%, and device care it is reporting over 4 days.

It has been around 6 weeks, but the battery performance is more in line with what I was expecting, considering that my S22 Ultra was getting close to three days easily.

By the way, I have 5G, QHD+ resolution, Wi-Fi, BT, mobile data, on always. I have not disabled any feature that I intend to use regularly to save battery.

My phone usage has not changed. I am still using the same apps more or less in the same way.

4 days battery performance4 days battery performance

4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's mine for yesterday on WiFi.

Battery life and SOT really depends on apps used .

I used to get almost similar results on my 3 year old s21 ultra when it was brand new.

Samsung then messes it up with subsequent updates. Then fixes it and then messes it up like a never ending cycle.

The only difference I have seen is that Google play services seem to be under control for now which is normally the biggest Battery drainer as lots of apps use it.

Not to mention the duality of both Samsung and Google apps fighting for the same resources and you are not able to uninstall the ones you don't won't.1710837880786.jpg
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I agree, battery life depends on apps used. However, my usage has not changed. I am still using the phone in the same way, I have not increased or decreased the number of apps or modify my usage.

I have done apps updates on the google play and galaxy store, but the firmware is the same.

0 Likes
TheDenny
Voyager
Options
This is amazing usage of battery 🔋 👏

I have now turned my screen quality to max like you to see the difference as well this I don't have display on as it eats my battery very quickly so have this function on auto.
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options
I'm really happy with my battery life. Seems to be a lot better after a few weeks. The bixby routines are brilliant for changing settings when you leave the house for example (like screen resolution)
0 Likes