Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures info

(Topic created on: 16-06-2024 06:30 PM)
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Hi all just wondering if someone can explain to me why the picture MP changes.

So today i was taking pictures of my daughter horse riding and was taking pictures using 12mp 50mp and 200mp i have not changed anything else other than change the pixels. But upon reviewing my pictures i noticed some that was taken using 12mp camera was showing it was converted to 9mp and when using the 50mp some photos were converted to 16mp and i can't figure out why. Also noticed when recording videos it always starts of darkish but when i start to zoom in it brightens it up now sure why on that one either. 
So does anyone know why these happen? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

The mp figure quoted depends on what other settings you have used.

For example if you are in 1:1, 9:16, full screen etc.

The S24 series camera options are very customisable hence the differences.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Ok, so when i take pictures, i always leave it on 3:4. I just tested the camera on 1:1 and 9:16, and they gave me 9mp, which you said, but i never changed the screen ratio it always stays on 3:4 it's also like that on 50mp and 200mp.. but for some reason, some photos came out in 9mp without changing the ratio. If you look at these 2 photos minutes apart but camera was set to 12mp one came out at 12 the other at 9mp, and I'm a bit confused..1718572993995.jpg1718572994040.jpg
0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
I just done a test with 50mp on 1x zoom it's came out as 50mp, but when i changed it to 2 x Zoom, it changed the picture quality to 12mp..! Is this right?
0 Likes