Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Battery

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 07:30 PM)
bash_bakerr
First Poster
Options
I bought Galaxy s24 ultra. The battery did not last sixteen hours of normal use. 
This is my second phone in 3 Days the The first one I had to return it to them. Because the battery did not last 2 hours. The second one, the battery, lasted sixteen hours in full charge of normal use. 
I don't recommend this phone to anybody it's a cheat.
20 REPLIES 20
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is your battery showing out of the learning phase which does take a week or so to reach optimum output. 

The first phone did sound faulty. 

Your Device Care Section under Battery should show what's using the battery. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/galaxy-battery/optimisation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I've had my phone almost 5 full days.

Only charged my s24U 3times, would've been 2 times, but obviously I had to transfer 500gb worth of data via smart switch which took 13hours, given the intensive transfer, the battery life is quite extraordinary

So I'm not sure what or why you're experiencing these issues. I'd follow what BandofBrothers is saying.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @BandOfBrothers has said above, your first device definitely didn't sound right but for your second one, it does take up to 14 days to work out battery optimisation.

I'm getting a full 24 hours on heavy usage (10 hours of video streaming plus a couple of hours of general browsing, email etc). Device is linked to my pixel watch and car so Bluetooth on 24/7.

Hopefully yours will settle down once it understands your usage, which apps need to be more active etc and what can be put to sleep.
keith30
Mastermind
Options
You won't get more than that, 16 hours is he'll of a lot of time. You must have never been off the thing!
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
🤣🤣🤣
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
10 hours of video streaming 🫨 .

Having said that my s21 ultra was like that new.
Still gives me around 5-7 hours SOT with everything full blown.

Samsung has had all day phones since the S21 ultra.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yep. I pop it on before I go to bed then usually whatever is on is so riveting that I fall asleep 🤣🤣
bnb90
Navigator
Options
Hard to tell as it's early days but I'm not overly impressed with the battery life over the S23 ultra. I've found the background drain about 1% per hour overnight whereas it was around half that on the S23 ultra. Hopefully it settles and a few apps go into deep sleep etc. It could be because of the big difference between the S21 ultra (exynos) to the S23 ultra which really impressed me last year
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I agree, seems worse than S23u so far but I understand things can settle after a while. Plus as it's new probably using it more than 'normal'