Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on display

(Topic created on: 29-01-2024 01:16 PM)
B1ackbox
Apprentice
Options
After a long process, I've just found out always on display is not compatible with my s24 ultra

20 REPLIES 20
Ron w
First Poster
Options

It's nice to know I'm not insane.  My S24 Ultra arrived yesterday and I spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get the AOD to match that of my S22 Ultra.  A fix for this essential.  Good Lock only made things worse and more frustrating.

dolfinns
Apprentice
Options

Agree 100%. I have no idea why Samsung thought this was an improvement.  It is a disaster.  You have to set a clock on your Lock Screen. Set a colour if you want, and then that Lock Screen clock is also your AOD clock ...you cannot change it / have a ddiffernt clock on your AOD. And I find that the clock does not move (avoiding burn in), likely because it really is the Lock Screen clock you're seei g, and it does not move.  

Karan sekhon
First Poster
Options

Same , no option to change AOD and it's brightness

0 Likes
Members_2R0oZhn
First Poster
Options

Ditto.  Coming from S22 Ultra too, I couldn't wait to use this feature again...alas, Samsung had other plans for the S24 Ultra. And agreed; Good  Lock made it much worse.

Thebeard
First Poster
Options

By some combo of good lock, AOD on, and wallpaper off I've gotten it to this. At least it's somewhat working. Always something with software. 

1000035568.jpg

0 Likes
B1ackbox
Apprentice
Options
After having conversation with Samsung since the launch of s24 and me sending them a screenshot of the program not being compatible, they have admitted they know there is a fault and a fix is in process. However they was reluctant to give me date of the fix.
0 Likes
Leo Pacheco
First Poster
Options

It is compatible, go to always on display and select "auto" or always in the "when to show" option

1000006288.jpg

0 Likes
Go4th
Student
Options

I feel like people are confusing two issues here. First Samsungs AOD is not the same as Pixels. If you want the clock to show when the phone is charging go to settings search for Screen Saver.

B1ackbox has issue where the app isnt working on his device. I can confirm that on my S24U that AOD is working correctly.

Members_9aS8ZL7
First Poster
Options

Aquí está el problema, el reloj no se mueve de sitio.... Se acabará marcando en la pantalla 

0 Likes
General Duk
First Poster
Options

Reboot phone after making sure all AOD settings are turned on. 

0 Likes