Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection problems

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 10:42 AM)
Hartsideman
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone suffered recent issues connecting to certain wifi networks .. my phone used to connect just fine with my home network, but now will not authorise and connect .. all the usual unplug reset reboots already done ... its only the s23 ultra that won't connect. Smart tvs ,alexa, ring , other phones all connect just fine .. but not my flagship s23 ultra ...

I feel something must have updated and broken it ... very frustrating 😕 
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I have before unplug your router from the socket for 5 minutes then plug back in it clears clogged connections on your network
0 Likes
Hartsideman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply 👍 but I have done all that many times .. the phone used to work up until a few days ago ... its deffo something with the s23 a recent update would be my guess .. but whatever it is .. has broken my Internet
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You may have to take it to your nearest samsung store if its still under warranty there will replace it
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you checked if the MAC settings have changed under WiFi on the device. If it is set to randomised MAC, change it to Phone MAC or vica versa to see if it helps.
0 Likes
Hartsideman
Journeyman
Options
Thanks badger I tried that and it made no difference at all . I've read most of the fixes on the Internet and have tried all except a total phone reset .. which I'm reluctant to do for obvious reasons takes ages to reset it all up .. I have however reset all wifi settings so starting from scratch there ...
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
The only other I can think of as you have tried everything else is to delete the WiFi router from the phone, reboot the phone and try a clean connection again to the router if you haven't tried that yet. You can also try resetting all the networks on the phone through settings, general management and then reset. I hope you manage to get it sorted.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I noticed my phone started behaving strangely and lost several connections, I had to reconnect to some Bluetooth devices by forgetting them in the phone and installing a new device, I also had to re register for several online accounts I had saved. I don't know what caused it but assuming it was one of more system app updates. If you can't connect to any WiFi connections the only thing I can suggest short of a factory reset is try resetting the network settings. I also find a soft reset sometimes fixes bugs i.e hold your power off button and volume down button and keep hold of them until the phone goes off and comes back on, when you see the Samsung logo let go of the buttons. Warning it takes quite a bit longer for the logo to show on the S23u compared with earlier models. Hope this is helpful
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Known issues with WiFi still I think. Supposedly fixed within the next few updates.
0 Likes