Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi 6E and the "S" series's Inc S23 Ultra.....yep, it's still broke!!

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 01:12 PM)
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Phones: S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra 

Tablet: Tab S8 Ultra

Routers/Modems: ASUS GT-AXE16000 & GT-AXE11000 - Cat 8 ethernet hardwired mesh.

Issue: WiFi 6E does not exist to these devices, other than it occasionally popping up on my S21U & Tab S8U.....but it's rare.

My Desktop PC can see it without issue.

So frustrating that 3 gens of flagship devices, and still this issue exists.

Come on Samsung.

WiFi 6 on the three 5ghz bands and two 2.4ghz bands is fine.

It's just the specific 6ghz (6E) band that Samsung doesn't play nicely with.

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
7 REPLIES 7
Esurient
Pioneer
Options
My S22 Ultra, Tab S8 Ultra are connected to a 6e band and I've had no issues buddy
0 Likes
sunnyd24
Explorer
Options
I'm having this issue with my S21 Ultra and so are many other users with different wifi6/6e routers. The solution is not a different router, all routers will have passed wifi certification should be compatible with any phone...... Apart from the s series of phone it seems!

See below link for a collation of threads that have reported this issue across the S21 and S22 series.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/szho9a/s22_ultra_wifi_issues_already/j4gn3vp?utm_medium=...

Come on Samsung, give us more options to choose settings per wifi ssid, band, bandwidth, and security.
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
There's always one 😉 Though honestly I'm happy for you, would you explain if you have your dedicated 6ghz band (6E) set to anything specific? Enhanced open or WPA3, Channel, Bandwith etc
0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah it's a real issue that many upon many customers are facing who actually have a 6ghz router.

Many get that confused with WiFi 6.....it's not the same thing.

I have tried every trick going, even scanning the QR code my router provided me, it just disconnected from my regular WiFi, did nothing for a minute or two, then reconnected to my normal WiFi 6 bands.

Grrrr so annoying.

3 flagship phones, 1 flagship tablet.....no 6E.
0 Likes
Esurient
Pioneer
Options
You're right 🤣 Sorry, I wasn't much help there at all.

I don't have it set it anything specific, just as it was out the box. It's a Vodafone pro 2 router, WPA3 security, Bandwith 20/40/60/160.
0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Just thought I would pop back in and state that a recent update on my two ASUS GT-AXE16000's (which made specific mention of WiFi 6E on mobile devices) and the most recent update that hit the S23 Ultra, and finally the One UI 5.1 update that hit my S22 Ultra & Tab S8 Ultra that as issues surrounding WiFi 6E and the aforementioned Samsung devices seems to have been resolved.

I can't say for sure that it was the ASUS update, as that update was specific to that router, but the GT-AXE11000 I also have, which is WiFi 6E capable, and had the same issues on the Samsung's was present. That router hasn't had this update, so it's hard to pin point what resolved it, at least for now.
0 Likes
DM31
First Poster
Options

My S22 Ultra always drops my 6e connection. My One Plus 8 has no issues

0 Likes