Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the August Security Patch?

(Topic created on: 16-08-2023 07:18 PM)
ebilcake
Explorer
Options

I'm now locked out of my Teams for work because Samsung are taking too long...

Thanks Samsung.. 

25 REPLIES 25
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's not out yet, I haven't got it either
ebilcake
Explorer
Options
No, latest update is August 1, Pixel devices have the update, some Samsung users have the update... but many based on region lottery are still waiting. To claim we're on the latest security update is disingenuous nonsense..

I don't give a ***** about UI6, the beta or the camera improvements. Just give me the security update. Asking users to contact their IT support and ask them to change company wide security policies because Samsung dropped the ball is a joke.
James21
Voyager
Options
Checked this morning (Thursday) still not received the update.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Personally I want and need a stable phone so even though I appreciate having security patches sent out to my phone is vital I want said security patch and anything sent along with it to be bug free and ready.

I'm sure we will see the August update in good time and then I'm sure we'll see posts asking what's happening with the September update 🤔

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

keith30
Maestro
Options
Got my August software update this morning for my S22ultra so the S23 series shouldn't be to far behind now. Iv'e heard it includes a camera upgrade 2X Zoom update so could come as a big one for your series.
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Same here, nothing. It's September shortly and still on July security patch. 😱
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
So you are saying that your company's servers are directly synced with Google and Apple and therefore the moment they release a security patch your device is invalidated because the system knows Google released a patch and it needs to be applied immediately?

That is the biggest load of horse ***** I've ever heard. No company operates this way. Companies don't rely on external security policies and always apply their own as they operate in their own space. I worked in I.T and no company is stupid enough to rely completely on an external third party for their security policy. It just doesn't happen.
PL9999
Explorer
Options

All well and good but that doesn't change the fact that we have un-patched vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited in most regions, while they were patched in Asia 11 days ago and for a number of older devices in multiple regions. Even the S22 series is now ahead of the S23 series. At this point it really does feel like we are the poor relation. Especially since Samsung have said nothing. It should be about managing expectations at the very least and that is just plain not happening. Some straight forward honest communication would not go amiss. Is that really so much to ask? Apparently it is! After all they could announce One UI 5.1.1 information while saying absolutely nothing about this. Needless to say we haven't got that either!

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It will be out when it's out, don't understand they inssitant complaining about when it's out and how it's available where ever.

I work in IT and am impatient as anyone is to get the latest and greatest. It just that I am happy to wait and get a stable and working version over speed and possible issues.

You all complain about unpatched security issues but maybe that's what is holding it up... Security issues? Stability? Which could open your phone to further security holes?
0 Likes
PL9999
Explorer
Options

Having chekced again, a few hours ago, it has been rolled out in a number regions with the sole exception of Europe pretty much, so I find it a little hard to believe there is any great problem with it. I take your point about waiting for stability and I agree but that really doesn't seem to be the case here. The issue I have is that we just left in the dark and told precisely nothing, while other regions are geting it, and in some caes almost simultaneously across those regions. So it isn't a proper staged rollout and there would seem to be no problem with it either. I would have no complaint at all if Samsung would just tell us what is going on. Instead a number of us just feel like the poor relation who are not even worthy of being told what is going on. We now have the absolute joke that I am reading in multiple places that it is being rolled out when it actually isn't!