Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well I Never S23 Ultra Via EE

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 05:53 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Well after all my whining and complaining I decided to call EE for more information on their Upgrade offer for the S23 Ultra. Basically you get the Buds2 Pro which are sent automatically after the cooling off period so no need to claim them. The phone and contract are divided into your monthly plan approx £36pm for the S23 Ultra 512gb interest free + your sim contract so you just add the two payments together (The phone part of the payment stays the same throughout the term but the sim part can increase) you can pay some up front and trade in if you like to reduce the monthly payment. The useful thing is you can keep your existing phone and you get the buds worth £219 and you can pay off early if you wish but being interest free I don't see any benefit in that unless of course you want to upgrade early and not bump up your regular outgoings. The phone is not network locked and not tied to your sim contract. I think deals vary depending on whether your an existing customer so you would need to check your own circumstances should you consider enquiring yourself and I'm sure other network operators have deals on offer so always worth shopping around

Whilst I would prefer the 1tb version I have had a look at my storage across devices and my Onedrive has around 350gb used which obviously I wouldn't download it all but figured 512 is enough to manage on the phone. Just have to be careful with apps like WhatsApp etc as all the pictures and videos people share can quickly eat into your phone storage

So I couldn't help myself and told them to do it. Why oh why did I call? I should have known better but the shiny new S23 Ultra will arrive first thing in morning, approx 12hrs between order and delivery which I must admit is quite quick.

It was mainly the snapdragon that swung it for me as I want to dump the exynos and am hoping the S23 will be more stable and reliable

Only criticism is on Samsung website the accessories seem to be all out of stock so I probably won't be using it until I get a case and screen protector but I'm happier using the S22U until then

So there you go, I've gone and done it, I couldn't resist the temptation.
6 REPLIES 6
globalcitizen
Explorer
Options
I'm so tempted to get it, but I know I am going to regret having 512gb Version, no matter how tempted I am, i prefer 1TB which will make for someone like me.
But none of the networks do this Version and is only available through Samsung website.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I know where your coming from. I currently have 1tb on my S22U. Realistically I think it will be some time, a few years where 1tb will be needed on a phone due to apps, images and videos increasing in size but the S23 will be obsolete by then. I think a lot of hesitancy comes from the loss of reassurance of having an SD card just in case. I think samsung made a mistake removing SD cards in high end devices and will put a lot of people off. I currently have around 135gb used on my current phone which has quite a lot of junk included so I think I'm unlikely to use 512gb to be honest over the next couple of years. I think its something to mull over for each user to determine what they will need and use the device for but realistically I can't see 1tb being needed unless there are huge gaming apps etc that need a lot of storage. Phones are not really a good place to keep things stored as they have a habit of being lost or get broken which would cause big problems if you have your files on them and not backed up somewhere else
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Congratulations on your choice @PaulC59  👏 

I too would want a case and screen protector on the phone. They are slippery to hold without a case !

Do let us know how you get on with the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Will do thank you
0 Likes
Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

lack of sd and headphone socket are both a PIA, i use mine as a audio player as much as phone, audio books and music already use 550gb of the storage.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I agree, I prefer the regular headphone socket for my high end wired headphones, I do have a 2.5mm to usb converter but I don't know if there is any audio quality loss in the conversion. I do appreciate there are advances in technology to make files smaller etc but there can be a noticeable reduction in quality vs a hifi etc which if your into music it matters. With big storage items like audio books, music or videos etc, SD cards area ideal. Sometimes if you look in your player app it lets you choose what to store in your local library vs your online library but it does mean re downloading items you want to look at again. It's similar with Onedrive and other cloud storage I.e you can download links rather than the files to save space but the downside of this is if you don't have an Internet connection or run out of your data allowance. That's why I think removing SD cards was a bad move as they are very useful and comes in handy if your phone stops working as you can take them out and recover the files etc