Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Change Lock screen type

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 07:29 AM)
Tanysha
First Poster
Options

I am unable to change the lock screen type. I currently have the password and want to change to the pin however all other options are grayed out for selection.  I have the s23 however I noticed the issue on the s22 as well. I've power cycled the device, cleared the credentials,  reset network and all settings as well as factory reset the device and nothing has worked. Interestingly enough, when I did the factory reset, it allowed me to change to the pin but for a short time before changing itself back to the password I originally had.  Suggestions or any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I wonder if going into Settings, Security and Privacy, Other Security Settings and then Clear Credentials might help @Tanysha 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
If you did a factory reset there is no reason the phone will ask for a password if you didn't set it up for a password. Everything us a bit strange regardless. May I ask why you set a password after resetting the phone if you wanted a pin? I know this is besides the point as it should allow to switch between methods, but I'm just curious as to why you set a password despite wanting a pin.
0 Likes
zimuzz
First Poster
Options
Any updates on this? I have currently an 8 digit pin, cannot make it shorter, cannot use swipe or remove security for lock screen.Screenshot_20230916_202237_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Lamya Bishy
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, any one got the solution please?

0 Likes
Members_6khRk8b
Student
Options

Search up "Device Admin Apps" in the settings screen, and check which is enabled. Disable it and check the Swipe Lock Screen again

Rach38
Student
Options
I have the same issue. Just did what you said , my work profile was stopping it. Removed work profile, checked again and it worked. Thank you
Options
Same I just followed these instructions & I was able to delete 'Work profile' & now I can set a pattern.. Thank u
0 Likes