Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to free up some ram.

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 03:31 PM)
Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
I've got the s23plus, 8gb ram. I know the phone keeps 1.1gb back for system but im disappointed that I've only got 2.4gb (ish) left. Trying to free up some ram. I've heard that open tabs on google chrome on use alot more ram then bookmarking the page. It's this true? Should i close some open tabs on my Google chrome app? 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your phone should auto regulate itself to work at it's optimum.

Unused Ram is wasted Ram @Kirstyl0u 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I recommend going though all of your apps catches and clearing all of theses and see what that does and also I recommend to keep your phone clean is google files because it has a cleaning feature
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I can't see bookmarks in browsers using any RAM unless you actually have pages open. RAM only holds data of apps and programs that are actually running and some can be used if apps don't close properly. A lot of RAM can be used by apps and services running in the background so stopping these can make a big difference e.g notifications, settings in apps that monitor usage and gather your personal data etc so to minimise background usage you can disable apps and services you don't need or use. You can put unused apps to sleep or uninstall them if you don't need them. You can also clear your ram in settings or download the Samsung good guardians app which has an app for managing your RAM and other useful tools for optimising your phone. Hope this helps
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As BofB states unused RAM is wasted. Android manages RAM efficiently, unlike Windows so don't worry about this, it's working as it should.
Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
What does clearing your ram settings do please?
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
You would clear the RAM in your phone settings. It just clears data from your RAM so anything running would need to load back into RAM again. It can be good to clear any clutter but to be honest will make minimum difference as anything that is running needs to use RAM to function. The best way to free up RAM is to run fewer apps and background services i.e close, disable or remove any apps or services you don't need. I hope this helps
Kirstyl0u
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you everyone.
0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Just go to device care and tap on memory it will give you option to clear up,