Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart things

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 01:36 AM)
Tigerclaws
Apprentice
Options
I have connected my s23 to smart things on my Samsung tv, entered the pin number. My TV shows up on the smartthings app and the remote works but when I try to mirror the screen it stays on connecting then stops. It works perfectly on my s21. I have reset router, tv and phone. The connection comes up as hdmi 1 virgin media. Any ideas please? Thank you
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
This happens to me if I am using a VPN so I have to turn the VPN off. it could be something in your network settings. Might be worth trying it from YouTube i.e click the icon to cast to your TV see if it works it might help in ruling things out?
0 Likes
Tigerclaws
Apprentice
Options
Hi thank you for your advice, I have tried what you suggested and yes the cast option for YouTube worked but smartthings still will not connect. I am at my wits end now
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
That suggests your phone is ok and it could be either settings on the TV or your Bluetooth or security settings on the phone. I would try looking at your paired devices on your phone and if the TV is in the list remove it and maybe check on TV for paired devices if there is remove them and then try a new connection. One thing I noticed on my TV when I paired my phone was a small box appeared in top right corner of the TV screen which doesn't stay there too long and you have to click ok or accept with your TV remote, if you don't click ok it won't connect. Worth a try
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Tigerclaws ,

have you checked if your S23 connection has been enabled on the TV from Settings -> General -> External Device Manager -> Device Connection Manager -> Device List -> S23 -> Allow?

Tigerclaws
Apprentice
Options
Hi thank you for help, I have looked through it and it says allow. My s21 connected no problem so I think the fault is with my phone. Have remote assistance from Samsung calling in 24 to 48 hours to help. Thank you all