Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch Photos Out of Order & Apps

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 08:47 AM)
RF120000
Student
Options

Using Smart Switch to transfer data from my S9 to S23 has been so frustrating and requires so much work that I wish I hadn't bought the new phone. All my pictures are out of order and apparently according to the help team that is just a known unfixed issue for at least a year. It sucks. All my memories are ruined. Almost none of the apps transferred their data and logins over so I spent ages trying to get back into everything. I am angry at such a colossal waste of time 

18 REPLIES 18
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
How long ago did you transfer? I've seen this before with Google photos but it later processed them in the background and put them in chronological order
Casjen
Navigator
Options
Same here from s21ultra.. Smart switch was a huge disappointment.. And same issue with pics.
Casjen
Navigator
Options

Its because the modified date on the pics is changed to the day you transfer them. I had all my pics backed to pc which preserved the mod date but as soon as you transfer one to the phone it changes the date.

Casjen
Navigator
Options

The way round ive just found is dependent if you still have the pics on old phone or pc..  Copy all pics to pc (modify date is retained) copy to USB . Connect to new phone using a connector you can buy. Empty the folder you want to copy to then select all pics in folder in the usb and copy to the folder and modified date will be retained.

RF120000
Student
Options
Hi All, Thanks so much. Yes we transferred the pics to a laptop and then moved them back to the phone. Absolute faff to do. It seems silly to have waste so much energy. If you could just filter based on file name in Gallery this would be solved
0 Likes
Cat98
Apprentice
Options

Super random but i managed to fix this by deleting all photos (tick all at the top to save time) and then restoring them from the recycling bin (again click all then restore). No idea why it worked but they are organised by day/month/year now!

DEF717
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!! It worked! I was going crazy because all of my pictures were out of order and I needed to show somebody pictures for an animal cruelty case that I am working on. It was SO FRUSTRATING to have to go through all of the pictures to try to find what I needed. You saved the day Cat98! 😘😺🐆🐾

Members_bHiGlKd
First Poster
Options

Is there still no fix to this issue? Do they not intend to fix this?

I'm facing the issue transferring from S9+ to A54, to know that this is still an issue yet to be resolved is pretty disappointing

nbir
First Poster
Options
This is ridiculous. 13000 photos all in the wrong order. Completely put me off buying a Samsung in future. When I delete and restore, it just adds them all as the most recent...assuming because it's changed the modified date again
0 Likes