Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging

(Topic created on: 15-05-2023 12:27 PM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
My S23 Ultra has suddenly started to charge much slower than previously. Is there anything that I can do to resolve this please?
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jvk 

May I ask what method your using to charge the phone ?

i.e 

Using the data cord in a USB port of a computer.

Samsung official fast charger with the cord provided ?

Samsung Official Fast Charging with a compatible fast charging cable you've bought ?

A normal Samsung charger with the cord supplied in the box.

A charger you've bought which isn't a Samsung brand.

Wireless charging on a Samsung pad.

Wireless charging on a 3rd party pad.

A powerbank.

Also do you have fast / super fast charging toggled On in the settings or not.

How much slower is the phone charging ?

When on charge and you look in the battery section what status does it say in regards to charging ?

Have you tried a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On. 

Sorry for all the questions.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
Hi, just the same way I have always done, same when it was S21 Ultra. Compatible fast charging cable plugged directly into USB-C port in wall socket. Fast and Superfast are both enabled, it says Fast Charging but creeps along. Phone seems to heat up also when charging. Haven't tried soft reboot for this specific problem yet, but will do so now. Cheers
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

OK @jvk 

Other avenues to try is the diagnostic tool in your Battery and Device Care Section.

And use a torch just to make sure there is no debris in the charging port.

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too.

As a process if your able try another compatible Samsung charging brick and data cable that can provide fast / superfast charging. 

Try yours on another phone.

There may also be some further advice via a Community Forum Search.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have noticed my charging has slowed down. I mainly charge via the Samsung fast charger with a Samsung lead. I generally don't use wireless charging as the phone can get quite hot. I think it was after one of the more recent updates. I haven't checked my settings yet as it's not bothered me as I think slow charging can be better for the battery and I have a charger with the longer charging lead from samsung next to where I usually sit but I suppose if your in a hurry it makes a big difference
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
Tried soft reboot last night and phone charged fully and wasn't excessively warm at the end. Will monitor and revert with any problems. Thanks again.
0 Likes
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options
All updates installed. Original Samsung Charger 45W, from 15% to 100% around 56-58 minutes.
| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
I just notices my s23 ultra has started to slow charge too.! I had a s21 with the same problem so I bought this phone .not a month old and already having problems with it !!!!!! I think its time to switch .how can a phone be priced so much yet perform so poor
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried going into 'app' and then reseting usb data .that sort of boosted my charging to 1700MA but it should be atleast 28000MA
0 Likes
jvk
Voyager
Options
What app? Where?
0 Likes