Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s23ultra Middle East version in italy

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 08:52 PM)
R213
First Poster
Options

Hi I am looking to purchase Samsung S23 ultra the Middle East version  and I will using this devise mainly in italy. 

Has anyone tried this before and has any had any issues like regional blocks , whatsapp messenger call and local italian network issues(related 5g)

And please suggest which version is better to use in italy  . International version or HK version or Middle East version

please have me an advice and thank you somuch

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

European version not an option unless you class that as International. That's what I would go for 

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I wouldn't get any phone from overseas if used in Italy. The warranty will not be valid and support will not be covered. Should there be any issues, you will need to pay for the repair if they will repair it at all

Cant be sure if any apps will be affected
0 Likes
TechMyBox
Journeyman
Options
Pretty sure you will be fine
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @R213 

Personally I've imported a Samsung Note²⁰ from Samsung Hong Kong to the UK and there was no region lock.

The phone worked on my UK networks fine as the phone's nowadays are equipped with bands and frequencies that allow them to work in other regions especially as people now go on business trips, and holidays and want to use their phone to roam.

However 5G may not work.

The region you reside in may decline support in regards to the Samsung Limited 2 year warranty. 

However you maybe able to have the phone covered by a standalone insurance you can purchase from a mobile phone insurance company.

Household Contents Insurance or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account.

Software Updates should come through to the phone as normal. Your just dependant on the region of origin sending out the updates. 

The Samsung Members App benefits section may not work properly. 

Samsung Wallet may not work however Google Wallet should. 

In my case the Samsung Keyboard was slightly different from the UK version in it's layout.

There's alot to consider when importing so do weigh up the pros and cons of doing so.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes