Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23U battery drain

(Topic created on: 13-06-2024 06:15 AM)
Members_QCxuHyO
Explorer
Options

Did anyone manage to fix the battery issues on One UI 6.1? I have an S23 Ultra with the latest patches, but I'm still experiencing horrible battery life. At most, I can get 4-5 hours of screen-on time, with the same settings I've had in the past, when I used to get 7-8 hours of sot easily. (and yeah, I cleared the cache using the bootloader)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
timbo586
Pathfinder
Options
That is the new update, it arrived a couple of days ago. The June update hasn't arrived yet but should be here soon

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
timbo586
Pathfinder
Options
I'm presuming you had the second May update a couple of days ago? That was apparently meant to address some of the battery issues.
I can't tell yet with mine for sure, but there may have been some improvement. There's also meant to be a One UI home app update that might help a bit too but that might come in the June update.

There's a few other things that I've found have helped a bit too, such as turning off RAM Plus and also the Adaptive battery setting.
You can take things further by disabling other features but that's depending on whether you use them regularly or not
0 Likes
Members_QCxuHyO
Explorer
Options

I double checked and indeed I had an update yesterday, but after checking the security level, it says I'm only on :

Security patch level: 1 May 2024.
Anyone knows how can I force the latest update besides flashing a rom or something? I will try to see if I can update it using smartswitch when I get home

0 Likes
Solution
timbo586
Pathfinder
Options
That is the new update, it arrived a couple of days ago. The June update hasn't arrived yet but should be here soon
Members_QCxuHyO
Explorer
Options

oh okay. I saw a bunch of posts on reddit showing that the June 1st update arrived on a whole bunch of devices, and I thought they release them all at once. I will wait then.
Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Members_QCxuHyO
Explorer
Options

I decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset. Will update this thread in a couple of days when the battery finishes doing its optimization to let you guys know if it changed anything

Thanks

KP_76
Voyager
Options
My battery life wasn't the greatest since 6.1, but it wasn't anything that I would complain about. However, the latest update (the one which is apparently meant to fix the battery issues) has actually made the phone a lot worse, both in terms of battery and stutters. I've seen quite a few people report the same. And wiping the partition cache and doing about 10 restarts has resolved nothing for me.

I would advise anyone not to update the latest update with the 2nd MAY security patch stated on it. Wait until the June security patch update comes out.
Members_3t2Kz7h
Journeyman
Options

No one was able to fix the battery issues yet, 

Waiting for the big thief (Samsung)  to fix it.

Bobson23456
Voyager
Options
  • It's just ***** up!

Can't use my S23+ longer than my old S21FE for more than 3 months now

0 Likes
Micael-1
Explorer
Options
0 Likes