Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra poor picture quality on whatsapp

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 09:23 PM)
Duxie
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone, how can I impove photos and video quality shared on whatsapp? The phone takes high quality images and videos but whenever I try to share on whatsapp status or sending to photos directly to my contacts the quality diminishes so bad to an extend that it becomes blurry. What can i do? I have selected best quality shots on whatsapp settings. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
Try Quickshare, I do this quite often as you can send a link for the recipient to download photos, files, etc.
0 Likes
Duxie
Journeyman
Options

What about posting photos and videos on whatsapp status? I don't think it's ideal to share a link of photos there?

0 Likes
ItsBaldDave_
Pathfinder
Options
I guess that's something the developer of WhatsApp would need to sort out.
0 Likes
Lucksee
Apprentice
Options
Whatsapp reduces the picture/video quality. I record videos on FHD 60FPS. Whenever I send them to friends on WhatsApp the quality is nowhere near the same.
Duxie
Journeyman
Options

Oh! Thanks

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah unfortunately WhatsApp compresses photos and videos to be able to send them quickly.
I'm not sure you can change this and the only way to send full resolution pictures is to send a link
0 Likes
Duxie
Journeyman
Options

This is really sad

0 Likes
Duxie
Journeyman
Options

Such a bummer 🥹 iPhone manages to retain a little bit of the quality 😬 I wish it was the same for us.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What you can do is to go into the WhatsApp App
Tap on the 3 dots top right
Go into settings
Then storage and data
You have Media Upload Quality
Set it to best quality
Madia will still be compressed. But should give you a better result

Sometimes media will take a long time to send if your network signal is poor