Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Battery

(Topic created on: 01-04-2023 08:11 PM)
Barrie10
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, 

I keep seeing S23 Ultras with incredible SOT time but this is about as good as it gets for me.

Anyone have any tips? 

15 REPLIES 15
keith30
Maestro
Options
It all depends on what apps youv'e used most if the time, some apps drain your battery more than others due to the fact that some are running in the background even though you mightn't be using it at the time.
kaiete
Student
Options
You can try turning on medium power saving to save some battery life. It can be turned in quick settings by tapping on Power modeScreenshot_20230401-194037_Samsung Members.jpg
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Barrie10 

How long have you owned your Samsung phone  ?

I ask as there is a learning phase that lasts approximately 2 weeks to which the battery stats can fluctuate.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Barrie10
Journeyman
Options
I've had it since release day so around 6 weeks?
weskerevil
Voyager
Options
Are you using it on light mode
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi @Barrie10

SOT is very subjective and varies from user to user.
I have had excellent SOT from mine.
But normally I get around what you have. But the phone will go into the second day.
My phone is setup for maximum screen resolution and I don't use any battery saving features.

You can always try wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone. Sometimes you get background processing from old transferred data etc
I always do mine especially after any software updates.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Ahhh the vampire apps strike again. You know the battery hungry apps... now you loades of power and now you don't.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Dark mode and a fixed brightness level help in my experience (typically around 30% seems to be a very good level for the S23 Ultra). Make sure to check for any unintended apps running in the background (vampire apps). Make sure any issues with Google services are resolved (such as synced emails, cloud etc).

Unless you have a very weak signal all the time, typical SoT should be twice what you're getting (unless you run with maximum brightness all the time). My personal SoT is anywhere from 8 to 11 hours over 2 days.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't think there is much value in reporting individual usages unless a comparison can be made with another device with exactly the sam usage as battery life varies widely dependent on use and factors such as phone set up, use and signal strength. E.g my S23 Ultra, if left it unused apart from the odd check then it would easily last a full day with minimal drain but I tried it earlier for 2hrs playing subway surfers which on its own used 25% of the battery, when left at side of bed overnight with alarm set it uses approx 20% of battery, when listening to music via buds2 pro Bluetooth drains battery quickly. Some apps and activities use a lot more power than others. I tend to top up power 2 or 3 times a day. The worst offender for me was always the sat nav especially Google maps so I have a wireless charger/phone holder which keeps the power level whilst using the sat nav but I find the phone gets quite hot with the wireless charger in the car. I hope this info is useful
0 Likes