Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra battery

(Topic created on: 23-02-2023 03:00 PM)
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
Anyone else a bit miffed by the hype over the s23 ultra battery?
I think it's great they don't use exynos anymore as the idle draining was abysmal and I do see improvements but the improvements I see is what's expected from a 2023 smartphone imo. 
I would say its just slightly above average but not by much. 
There is a lot of phones out there now that can grind out 10 hours or more of sot with about 20 to 30 percent left. 
This is a 8 and half to 9 sot phone. 
The articles saying its insane battery life etc is over the top imo. 
17 REPLIES 17
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I don't use SOT as a measure as it can't be a reliable source of measuring battery life.
Completely depends on how a user is using the phone and what light or heavy tasks are required.

All I can say is that my S23 Ultra battery ends the day with definitely more than my S22 Ultra.

If you find yours is not as good as you think it should be. Maybe worth Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone.

But being realistic. Battery life will only incrementally get better with a new device until battery technology improves. Then software optimizations are improved and needed till then.

I know other phones can get better battery life, but other phones really don't have the features and the One UI software Galaxy phones have.
Christo19862010
Pioneer
Options
What's wiping the partition cache going to do? I'm just stating I think it's over the top how people are talking about it like it's in 13 Pro max battery territory, it isn't.
Its offering the same battery life more or less as the s20 fe I had.
There is nothing wrong with the phone its just how it is.
There is also a lot of Chinese model phones now too that offer similar features to one ui that have excellent battery life so its not just one ui.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping the Partition Cashe can sort out any bugs that cause issues with old stored data and cookies.
So it's not a bad thing to do every once in a while.

Personally the iPhone 14 Pro Max is have is reasonably comparible to my S23 Ultra. At least in my use anyway.
In the photo you can see the battery levels and they both came off charge at 5:15 this morning
IMG-20230223-WA0000_1000003720_1677167055.jpg
keith30
Maestro
Options
Well actually Samsung haven't done away with the exynos chip as they are continuing to use that type in all the A model devices and also are still developing them to be made better for the future.Yes a lot of people are complaining about the battery drain on some of the new S23 model but then a lot are singing it praises 👏
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Best Sammy can do is develop own OS. Chipsets later.
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I've noticed a tangible increase over my previous exynos S21u and S22u...no complaints here!
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Not used mine much today, just Facebook, messenger, Reddit, text messaging, a few calls.
Currently on 86% since 5:45 this morning, so 12.5 hours so far....
0 Likes
T457
Pioneer
Options
There is definitely improvement in battery compared to previous phones but no point comparing to ios because on galaxy phones theres more features and multitasking which iphone doesnt do
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I definitely agree narrative of insane battery life is over the top. It's definitely not insane. It is however much better than the S22 Ultra that I previously owned and that's by a wide margin. I'm just hoping updates don't mess it up as my S23 Ultra and I got a good thing going here.
0 Likes