Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra battery drain/poor battery performance

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 12:28 PM)
Aceshigh1067
Explorer
Options

I've recently received my s23 ultra upgrading from a dead One Plus 8 Pro and I've been having nothing but battery problems I'm consistently getting 2-3 hours SoT and I see people getting insane 8+ hour SoT and I've no idea why mine is so low the whole reason I upgraded was because of the crazy battery and it has so far been disappointing. 

Today I've gotten 40 minutes out of 12% extrapolating that I'll get 6 hours battery and around 3 hours SoT. 

Anyone have any advice? (I recieved this device on Wednesday if it matters (now Sunday)) 

Edit 1:
After letting it run flat it this is battery stats I got yesterday

117 REPLIES 117
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It can take just over a week for your phone to learn your usage as it goes through the battery optimisation phase @Aceshigh1067 

There are many tips and advice in threads already on the forum and Samsung offer up support too such as > Samsung galaxy-battery/optimization/ 

Also from past posts some people who have jsed Samsung Smartswitch to move their information across may in some rare cases experience glitches.

Some factory reset and use a back up instead such as Samsung Cloud.

You could also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If you do not use 5G then go into Settings > Connections and choose 4G/Lte/3G instead and look at location settings.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options

I'd follow the steps above - if that doesn't help you might've gotten a lemon and you need to contact Samsung support and ask for a replacement... Any unusual app you are using that might suck a lot of battery in the background? This looks more like S22 Ultra Exynos type of battery usage... You are sure you received the S23 Ultra, right?

0 Likes
Aceshigh1067
Explorer
Options
Yes sir its really annoying because I traded my old phone and outright bought this one and need my phone for work so I can't just send it back to themScreenshot_20230211_131056_Settings.jpg
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options
Sorry to hear... But yeah... If it doesn't improve I'd reset it and not use smart switch for settings etc (only for messages and pics)... If that doesn't work a return has to be initiated
0 Likes
Aceshigh1067
Explorer
Options
Well I'm just about to head into work which will be until midnight so 10.5 hours phone says it has 9.5 lets see how it goes with everything turned all the way down and locked in my pocket most of the timeScreenshot_20230211_132341_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options
I can see you're connected to some Bluetooth device... Are you streaming music? That could drain quite some battery... Sometimes it also helps to just charge up to 100%, keep it on the charger for 2 more hours and then let it go down to 0% until it turns off automatically... This will make the phone learn how much capacity is in the battery
0 Likes
Aceshigh1067
Explorer
Options
I do have a watch 4 classic connected basically the whole time but this didn't really effect the battery life of my last phone that bad. I also stream music a lot of the time but once again before the battery died in my last phone I was getting 6+ SoT
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm getting near 18 hours, I'm only on 3rd day, I expect it to get even better
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah it's a bit strange... Unless you stream a bunch of 4k video and or run benchmarks and play games the phone should get you more than 3h SOT... I get around 6-8h and that's with dual SIM and lots of tiktok