Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Satellite Communication

(Topic created on: 18-08-2023 04:10 PM)
manu08manu
Pioneer
Options
I am just wondering if anyone knows if with android 14, Samsung will enable the Satellite communication capabilities built into the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Processesor? 

If it doesn't, it feels like Samsung has wasted some of the potential of the processor, especially as Google has now started preparing messages for this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@manu08manu: Earlier this year, Samsung announced that it had developed it's own 5G NTN tech that enabled 2 way communication between smartphones and satellites. As our latest flagship devices contain the Snapdragon 8 Gen2 processor, which supports Snapdragon Satellite, the options are certainly there, however I don't have any further information to share from this position. I think it's a case of 'watch this space' at this stage, as we will likely see this rolled out in future devices. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@manu08manu: Earlier this year, Samsung announced that it had developed it's own 5G NTN tech that enabled 2 way communication between smartphones and satellites. As our latest flagship devices contain the Snapdragon 8 Gen2 processor, which supports Snapdragon Satellite, the options are certainly there, however I don't have any further information to share from this position. I think it's a case of 'watch this space' at this stage, as we will likely see this rolled out in future devices. 

manu08manu
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for the reply AndrewL.

Alright, lets hope samsung enables the feature on S23 family onwards.
0 Likes
steveandsam
Explorer
Options
Will the s22 ultra get this sat app
0 Likes