Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish customer service

(Topic created on: 09-05-2023 07:55 PM)
SelbyL
Pioneer
Options
I placed an order for an S23. Cut a long story short, their customer service team confirmed I should have received a free JBL speaker but for some reason I didn't.

Two reasons I have been given: 1) It is while stocks last and is no longer in stock (except it IS in stock still and available to add to a new basket) and 2) It is because you added a trade-in phone to your basket you are not eligible (except they confirmed separately that I am eligible).

Samsung's solution? I must CANCEL and then RETURN THE ORDER and then to ORDER IT AGAIN. Why not just send me the speaker? As I bought it on 12 month credit, do I really want a second credit check on my credit rating? No.

My solution: returning the phone, will NEVER buy Samsung phones again.

Absolutely DISGRACEFUL customer service and a very poor customer experience.
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately from previous experience with the Samsung Online Shop system it's very linear when it comes to situations like this @SelbyL 

It does raise an eyebrow when Samsung are happy to recieve a used phone back which they can't sell then as a new model as the only recourse for a person to achieve recieving a promotional item.

This Unfortunately has happened before.

The JBL Bluetooth Speaker is still available as a promotional item on samsung.com as you mention and as long as a person spends £500  on selected Samsung products so it's a shame they are unable to simply despatch a speaker to fulfil this.

As with most promotional items it is a while stocks last.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SelbyL
Pioneer
Options
Indeed it is absolutely ludicrous that they couldn't say ah well there was an error let's just send you the speaker. But the response was they're nothing we can do you'll have to cancel and order again. I have cancelled but won't be ordering again, and I won't ever be buying a Samsung phone again.
0 Likes
gabbyanne
First Poster
Options
I just recieved my s23+ should have a free speaker but didn't arrive. Is there any point chasing this?
SelbyL
Pioneer
Options
Out of principal YES. But Samsung have such disgusting customer service you probably won't get anywhere. I actually returned my S23 for a full refund and now they have a second hand £££ phone rather than send me a the speaker. Good luck!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I had a Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra delivered today and the JBL Speaker came in the same box so I'm assuming stock levels have been replenished. 

Shane771
Apprentice
Options
I have just ordered an s23 ultra today and noticed the free jbl speaker had vanished from my basket and was not in my order confirmation. I also added buds2 pro into my bundle and it seems that anything additions you add with the phone will just remove the speaker eligibility. My items are being delivered on 06/06 and im unsure whether or not to expect the jbl speaker to arrive in the box as well however i shall chase this up if it doesnt
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When I created my order in the UK from samsung.com for the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra the free JBL Bluetooth Speaker was showing in the order placed.

This is the confirmation email from Samsung showing the phone and Speaker so it should show.

Screenshot_20230604_051529_Email.jpg

I didn't add the buds as I already have a pair however I've just gone through the steps of a purchase and added the buds and the JBL Bluetooth Speaker remained in the list.

I would suggest to have a word with the Samsung Online Shop Team to ask for clarification of your order @Shane771 

Samsung Online Shop Team.
0330 726 7467
https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/

e : support@samsunguk.zendesk.com

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

SelbyL
Pioneer
Options
They will not help, most likely. They told me the only option was to cancel the order and remake it.
0 Likes
SelbyL
Pioneer
Options
There was never an issue with stock. Even when I ordered they had stock. 🤷🏼‍♂️
0 Likes