Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix in SD S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 30-03-2023 02:18 PM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
On the Netflix app, the maximum resolution that can be displayed on the S23 Ultra is SD. Netflix say this is because the phone doesn't support Widevine L1.
When can I expect to get HD resolution support for my £1250 phone? 
0 Likes
Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
jasejase
First Poster
Options
At least you guys have actually got the Netflix app, I had the same issues so I uninstall the app, but now I can't even get the app from the play store as it says The app won't work for my device! Any help would be appreciated? Thanks
0 Likes
fireheart1307
First Poster
Options

Worked for me.

Screenshot_20230901_000557_Netflix.jpg

0 Likes
ElTwin
First Poster
Options

Clear cache and data, and sign in again with email and password. Now shows full HD payback.

0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
Only problem is it reverts back to SD even after you've done all that. This problem should have been fixed months ago
0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

update the google play system update then clear the netflix cash

Screenshot_20230928_234314_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I've actually now got this problem...despite my previous comments!! Reinstall didn't fix, clearing cache and data also didn't fix... Will try a restart but this is annoying
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Restarting phone corrected...for now
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I had the same thing. It reverted back to SD playback after I did the fix, for no apparent reason. Don't have the issue with my older Samsung
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Ergh...stupid bugs
0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

guys !   update the google play security pack and it will work ,, it even works fhd and hdr on my 3 yrs old tablet 

0 Likes