Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix in SD S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 30-03-2023 02:18 PM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
On the Netflix app, the maximum resolution that can be displayed on the S23 Ultra is SD. Netflix say this is because the phone doesn't support Widevine L1.
When can I expect to get HD resolution support for my £1250 phone? 
0 Likes
Go to solution
43 REPLIES 43
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I tried every combination. Wiping data, reinstalling, logging in manually
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Sorry, this is what worked for me. Hope you find a fix soon because as you can see, it is possible. Not sure what the Netflix Rep is talking about.
0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
See below. They're saying it to other customers too.
Thanks for trying
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Yea, I saw that. It's a shame that none of the companies want to take responsibility and find it easier to blame the other. Who knows who's fault it really it. I will submit feedback, you should probably do the same.
RebelKing
Apprentice
Options

Tried uninstalling reinstalling. Rebooted couple of times it's same. I think it's a bug which got introduced in March update. As I told before folks from samaung customer care confirmed me S23 ulra supports L3 as of now. So its samaung's problem. They need to fix this.

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I'm on the March update and mine is fine. It cant be correct to say it doesn't support it now when mine does. They may be misinformed. It's probably a bug.
0 Likes
Solution
RebelKing
Apprentice
Options

Uninstalled->Powered off the phone->Install-> Login Manually. It worked after repeating the steps for couple of times. But it's a bug.

Maxvax
Navigator
Options
I just tried this and it worked! Thank you! Important to power off between uninstall and reinstall, otherwise it's the same. Annoying bug they need to fix
RebelKing
Apprentice
Options

You are welcome 

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I just checked mine and it was also stuck on SD...just uninstalled and reinstalled and it's fine now. Didn't need to reboot etc
0 Likes