Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Samsung Galaxy S23 isn't taken the right photos

(Topic created on: 14-01-2024 04:13 PM)
Paul Murphy
Journeyman
Options

When I point at at something, and take a photo, what comes out is of something completely different. Perhaps something on the floor or in the other direction. Also, and this may be related, the numbers 1 and 2 appear after I've taken a shot. Neither of these happened for the first week I had the camera. I suspect that I inadvertently made a change to camera... or perhaps not. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Paul, I think you inadvertently had the timer set to two seconds. 

You thought you took a photo when you pressed the shutter but the actual photo was taken two seconds later which explains why your camera isn't taking the right photos

You saw a large number 1 followed by a large number 2 and then the camera took the photo at that moment. 

What you wrote coincides with what I think happened. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Paul Murphy go into Settings > Apps > Choose Camera 📷  > Storage > Clear Cache > See what happens.  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey @BandOfBrothers

Good afternoon to you.

Another (quicker) way to this is go to the camera app either on hinge screen or app draw and press down on it. A box appears, click on the i with a circle round it and select clear cache bottom right
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Piper123 very true but I'm set in my ways. 😉 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Is it possible the timer  has been accidentally enabled? Seeing the numbers 1 and 2 led me to that possibility.

I'm attaching a photo with the timer  encircled.

1000007628.jpg

Watch4 Classic
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options
Wooo I never knew that whoop whoop xx
0 Likes
Paul Murphy
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I didn't even realise that symbol meant timer. Do you me "turned on" by "enabled"? It's possible that I did turn this symbol on. I've turned it off. So I'll see if that solved the problem. As it stands, it perfectly explains my very odd photos of pavements, fences, etc. 

Paul Murphy
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. What about about clearing "data" too? Or will that get rid of stuff I don't want to get rid of?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Paul Murphy: Clearing the data of the Camera app will remove any settings or changes that you have manually enabled, so best to avoid this, and use it as a last resort if the suggestions above aren't successful. 

0 Likes
Solution
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

Paul, I think you inadvertently had the timer set to two seconds. 

You thought you took a photo when you pressed the shutter but the actual photo was taken two seconds later which explains why your camera isn't taking the right photos

You saw a large number 1 followed by a large number 2 and then the camera took the photo at that moment. 

What you wrote coincides with what I think happened. 

Watch4 Classic