Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Galaxy-S-23 Phone Not Connecting with Laptop After Windows 11 Update

(Topic created on: 17-05-2023 11:53 AM)
Tammy Gombez
Student
Options

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently updated my laptop to Windows 11, and I've been encountering some issues with connecting my Galasy-S-23 phone to it. Before the update, everything was working fine, but now the connection seems to be problematic. I wanted to reach out to this forum to see if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if there are any potential solutions.

Here's a bit more detail about the issue I'm facing. When I connect my Galaxy-S-23 to my laptop via USB, it doesn't show up as a recognized device. The phone charges, so I know the USB port is functioning properly, but it doesn't establish a data connection. I've tried different USB cables and ports on my  intel laptop, but the problem persists.

I have already tried the following troubleshooting steps without success:

Restarting both the phone and the laptop.

Updating the USB drivers on my laptop.

Enabling USB debugging mode on the phone and reconnecting.

Changing the USB connection mode on the phone (MTP/PTP).

None of these steps have resolved the issue, and I'm at a loss for what to try next. It's frustrating because I frequently transfer files between my phone and laptop, and this connection problem is causing a significant inconvenience.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input. Is there a specific driver or software update that I might be missing? Could it be a compatibility issue between  Windows 11 and the Galaxy-S-23? Any insights or solutions would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tammy Gombez

11 REPLIES 11
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Downllad samsjmung dex gogole it through there it will have option gor windows version then once installed connect USB to s23
Tammy Gombez
Student
Options

Thank you sir for your suggestion, I will try it!

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
USB devices can be tempremental. Sometimes basic things like forgetting to unlock the phone can interrupt connections and USB settings are not unknown for being changed in the background either on the pc or the phone e.g to charge only, data only or data and charge etc Sometimes an easy fix is to connect to the pc via a different USB port or check the usb settings whilst the device is plugged in on both the phone and the pc. As pointed out using Samsung Dex may make it a lot easier and hopefully it will find the phone when it's plugged in, if it doesn't then there are other steps on the pc that can help to reconfigure your USB ports such as removing and reinstalling the Samsung and USB drivers on the laptop to ensure its running the correct drivers. I connect my S23 to Windows 11 so I know it works which tells me your issues are either a settings or drivers issue. I hope this helps. PS Also make sure Link to Windows is switched on in your phone settings and link to phone is switched on in Windows.Screenshot_20230517_204438_Settings.jpg
(1)
Chris1948
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. My phone is an A23 and up until last week was connecting just fine. I connected my wifes A34 to my windows 11 computer and it connects just fine with the same cable! I take my A23 to her computer and still no joy. Strikes me that something has changed in my A23 phone to disable it connecting to any PC? By the way when I plug in my phone it does beep and start charging. Help.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Next time you connect your USB lead to phone and PC. First make sure phone screen isn't locked. Then on the pull down menu at the top of the screen, choose the USB connection this should give you options to change your USB settings on the phone e.g, charging, data transfer etc. I hope this helps
0 Likes
(2)
Chris1948
Apprentice
Options

On the pull down menu I have no USB choice. It gives me 2 choices, Device Control  or  Media Output. If I select Device Control It just gives me a message "Controls will appear here for any smart device you've set up in supported apps."

0 Likes
Chris1948
Apprentice
Options

When I use the pull down menu it shows that USB is charging, however,  no mention of transfers?

0 Likes
KenDots
First Poster
Options

I read all these suggestions and if anyone of them worked for anyone with connectivity issues please let me know I cannot even get the option to use usb for data transfer phone really doesn't have the capability to connect to a computer which is odd as every other phone we try connects easily by swiping down on the phone screen and using usb for data transfer this includes 7 friends who all have different phones

0 Likes
Members_DuEumhZ
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue too, the notification says that the phone is charging but seems like there's no successful connection to the Windows 10 PC. No issues with the cable, or PC drivers, Phone's software is up to date/latest. Don't know how to fix this issue.

0 Likes