Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many Glitches on my S23 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 11:35 PM)
Oakleyspatz
Student
Options
I have so many glitches on my S23 Ultra that it feels like I'm a Beta Tester on an early prototype. Some of the more frustrating issues I continually have include- 
• When typing a message on Whatsapp (often a long one) and then you go to attach a photo or check the spelling of a word on google, or anything that causes you to momentarily leave the app, when you return or attach your photo, your message has disappeared completely. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
• When typing a message on Messenger (often a long one) SEE ABOVE🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ 
• Often the audio on my apps that rely on audible alerts (Freestyle Libre glucose Sensor, Ring Motion/Doorbell Sensor for example) just stop working. Audio volume is up, app audio is on, everything is as it should be but I stop getting audio alerts for no apparent reason which is not only extremely frustrating but, in the case of my low blood sugar alert, potentially dangerous. Never had any issues like this with my S20, only my S23 Ultra. 
Anyone else had similar issues?
9 REPLIES 9
LMay
Navigator
Options
I'm having issues with apps get stuck or not loading when connected to my home WiFi, looks like other people are having the same problem. I haven't had these issues but you may encounter my problem.
0 Likes
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Same with my S23 base model. Many issues still haven't been fixed and still waiting for June update. Should of been released a few days ago.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Oakleyspatz 

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing those issues on your phone.

I have x5 Ring security products attached to my Ring app through Home Broadband Wi-Fi and haven't had any issues with audible alerts.

I use a meter and prick my finger to test my bloods so can't comment on the system your using.

My phone retains what I'm writing in a normal text message or WhatsApp message if I navigate away from the message so I'm not sure why your phone isn't.

I can't find anything conclusive via a Google Search that may indicate what's happening with your phone I'm afraid.

The only issue I have is when the phone us on adaptive settings the Twitter App scrolling is jerky which has been the case on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra too.

One troubleshooting step you could try is > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Wi-Fi connection to my Home Broadband is stable and allows normal operation of the phone's apps @LMay so again I'm unsure why other people are experiencing these issues.

Certainly a conundrum  !

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you leave an app any data you have input us stored in RAM and disappears when you exit it. You need to leave it open, do whatever with other apps and pick up where you left off by using recently used apps.

Ring is problematical with Android and ios, I would reach out to Ring for support.

In relation to the diabetes app Abbot are aware of issues and have a solution, see https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/abbott-issues-freestyle-libre-apps-safety-notice-android-1...

davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll add my two cents and repeat what Band of Brothers wrote, clear the cache. 

You can clear the cache for every app at once though it can be a minor hassle to do that. 

The easier approach, go to Settings / Apps / scroll down to the app in question, click on storage for that app and clear cache.  It might also help to click on Force Stop as well.

It's quite possible the problems you're having are with the apps and not with the phone itself, per se. 

Clear the cache for the apps in question and see if that does the trick. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
ukjamie
Pioneer
Options
It sounds like your apps are closing completely when you exit them rather than continuing to run in the background, are they sleeping or deep sleeping?
0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hi @Oakleyspatz. The issue you describe about WhatsApp is not unique to Samsung phones. My wife has a Pixel 7 Pro and if she types a long message and tries to add a photo, the typing gets lost. She has to add the photo then type the message. I guess it's likely the same with Messenger?
Just a suggestion about your notifications, do you have 'Do Not Disturb' enabled? If it is, you might have a circle with a minus inside it next to your clock, (bit like a "No Entry" sign).
0 Likes
Whitchurch2020
Journeyman
Options
If you have glitches beta testers are asleep
0 Likes
Whitchurch2020
Journeyman
Options
I clear cache weekly as a habit
0 Likes