Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lockscreen Disappears

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 09:08 PM)
PearlMikeJam
Apprentice
Options

Since getting my S23 Ultra, the lockscreen will occasionally disappear.  This mostly happens when I swipe to clear a notification.  It is not every time I do this, but at least once a day and can happen with any app.

When I swipe the notification to clear it on the lockscreen, everything on the screen disappears leaving the wallpaper.  Swiping or tapping the screen only changes the wallpaper.  There is no way to unlock the phone.  Turning the screen off and on again does not change things.  I usually have to reboot the phone or let it sit for a long period of time and the lockscreen comes back.

What would be causing this?  Is this a bug/known issue?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not sure if it's a bug to be honest but I can tell you I haven't come across this on my phone on the latest software.

As a generic troubleshooting tip please try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If that fails to help then give Safe Mode a go > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

You can also send feedback via your Samsung Members app @PearlMikeJam 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
PearlMikeJam
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the feedback.  I cleared the cache partition and will see if that helps.

I did look into the Device Care and noticed one of the app for my outdoor cameras, which has several notifications a day, is often getting killed by the system.  Not sure if that is the issue or not, or how to solve.  Never experienced this on my S21 Ultra with the same apps installed.

I will revisit Safe Mode.  It has not been helpful in diagnosing an issue for me over the years.

Thanks again!

0 Likes