Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Did I read somewhere that some people are having problems after installing the June update?
Had an update message while I was away in Turkey. 
Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
timbo586
Pathfinder
Options
I haven't seen that anywhere, no problems at all here. if anything, the phone feels more responsive than ever so far but that may just be due to the cache wipe after the update
0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
How do you do a cache wipe? Thanks
0 Likes
timbo586
Pathfinder
Options
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

You'll need a pc or laptop to connect your phone to with a cable. To enter recovery mode you need to press the side power button and volume up button until you enter recovery mode (When you feel the device vibrate, release the Power button. Your device will vibrate again and a menu will appear. When you see this, release the remaining button) You then use the volume buttons to select cache wipe and press power to confirm. You can then reboot your device by selecting it with the volume keys and confirming with the power button.
It's simple and takes around 5 minutes from start to finish but is worth doing routinely after an update
0 Likes
Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

There has been news that June update is causing issues. 

However, I updated to the June update and this seems to be really good. The phone feels nice and smooth and I am currently on 53% battery after 4 hours screen on time, which means my battery is definitely improving. Prior to this, with the horrible 2nd May update, I was only getting about 4 hours screen on time for a day. 

So I have a very positive experience with my new update.

0 Likes
Members_fXiJPJs
Explorer
Options

For some of us the update is a huge mess. Apparently not enough for Samsung to give a flying f**k.

0 Likes
hmptec
Journeyman
Options
June update had been great for me. Battery great too. Wiped cache after update.
no1auntie_whu
Explorer
Options
My phone was getting quite hot in the last few days just this week my battery would say I'd get 19/20 hours on a full charge now it says 14 hrs
0 Likes