Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

issue with Screen mirroring / Screen casting with my Samsung Series F9000 TV (and my S23 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 04-06-2023 08:38 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I have an older Samsung TV (model UE55F9000SL); I bought this TV eight years ago or so.

I tried screen casting from my S23 Ultra using two different apps and they both gave the same strange results, the basically white screen on my phone came across as pink on the TV.  Also, when I switched back to the normal TV channels, the colors of all channels were completely off as far as colors went, all the colors were washed out and skewed.

My option to return to a normal display, as far as colors go, was to either turn the TV off and on, or switch to Smart Hub, watch YouTube for a minute or two, and then return to the regular channels.  Very strange.

I just wanted to view our vacation photos on a large screen and I had this strange thing happen.  Am I alone with this?

After I wrote the above, I tried the screen mirroring on an even older Sony Bravia in our bedroom, the colors were displayed exactly as they appear on my phone.   

This seems like a Samsung TV issue?  

If anyone reading this has an older Samsung TV, could you try screen mirroring and report back?  Thanks. 

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have a UU43J5500 in the bedroom. It's a 2015 model. Screen Mirroring through Smart Things works fine with my S23U.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have a UU43J5500 in the bedroom. It's a 2015 model. Screen Mirroring through Smart Things works fine with my S23U.
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I tried using Smart Things and after several attempts, I finally got the TV to perform as expected.

Thanks for suggesting Smart Things.  

I didn't initially use Smart Things because of the age my TV.

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case