Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my phone faulty, or are these bugs?

(Topic created on: 02-06-2023 12:00 PM)
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

My phone is doing two annoying things.

Firstly it keeps saying 'no SIM inserted', even though there is clearly a SIM in there and I can receive calls. 

Second, quite often tapping an app icon brings up the app drawer rather than opening the app in question. 

I've restarted a couple of times but it makes no difference 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm not having any of these issues myself.

You could try wiping phones cache partition.

Power off your device, and plug into a pc. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, when you see the Samsung logo release buttons. Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition. Wait for the system cache partition to clear. You can also repair apps while in recovery mode. Also good to download is good guardians in the galaxy store. Run app booster.

If issues continue, send an error report within the members app, support at the bottom.
While in support do a diagnostics check on sim card.
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Try remove the sim tray and placing the sim in the other tray, that worked for me when I had that issue.

Also, if you have a screen protector on your phone it can cause touch sensitivity issues. Go to Settings, Display, Touch Sensitivity, then switch that on if you have a protector on. See if this helps
0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

It occurred to me that it's only since I applied a screen protector and turned the touch sensitivity up that it started. I'll turn it off again for a while to see if it helps

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mr_Ed 

How's your phone behaving now @Mr_Ed  ?

Has the sim not inserted messaged ceased.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

Sadly both issues persist

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I was hoping this had sorted itself out @Mr_Ed 

Can you please try Safe Mode.

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If this does not help then consider as a last reset backing up and Factory Reset.

But when resetting the phone back up don't use the back up at first just incase the back up is the issue.

Set it up as new and then see what happens.

Ultimately if your within a relevant cooling off period think about having the phone swapped out.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mr_Ed
Pioneer
Options

If I factory reset I'll lose all my photos. 

0 Likes