Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files missing on Galxy s23 ultra!

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 05:41 PM)
Zorana
Apprentice
Options

I have just spent a week configuring my S23 ultra and after a restart all files (which I transferred from my old phone) are gone, my notification custom sounds reset for all apps, no albums in gallery...

Can someone please explain what the hell happened?

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's unusual and has never happened when I've moved from one phone to another @Zorana 

I use Samsung Cloud and Dropbox to transfer my information over.

What back ups did you use  ?

i.e One Drive for photo's etc.

This could have been an unwanted glitch unfortunately  😕

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Zorana
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the reply and suggestion. 

Regardless of the backup option (which I don't have turned on), the photos are not the only ones affected. Majority of the random folders from My Files (like Documents, custom Downloads folders etc) are also gone.

Luckily I have my old phone at hand so I was able to transfer everything back, but who is gonna guarantee me that this is not gonna happen again!?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Zorana 

Unfortunately there can be no guarantees especially with technology. 

Glitches can and will happen Unfortunately.

Sometimes if different syncing schedules are set this can have different impacts on stored information and data.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Zorana  Glad you were able  to transfer the files again.  However I would suggest that you take Back ups , a variety of services you can use  (if you do not want to sync to One Drive), option to also back up locally for instance to a flash Drive or computer. Some information here: https://www.nextpit.com/how-to-back-up-everything-on-android 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Zorana
Apprentice
Options

Thought so. Thank you all for your assistance! ♥️

0 Likes
Guy Fawkes
Apprentice
Options

I just recently faced the same issue while on holiday. What's confusing is my entire Gallery disappeared, but the amount of storage used stayed the same (as a matter of fact, it continues to increase 260GB to 278GB) now everything appears under System. I feel like the photos are somewhere in the phone still. Any advice? I tried the Cache/Data delete and even considered Dr.Fone recovery. 

0 Likes
ms_spiffyk
First Poster
Options

did you ever find a solution? i seem to have run into the same problem.

0 Likes