Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Lags on S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-01-2024 07:33 PM)
Members_shNeZEC
Apprentice
Options

For a couple of weeks now, I experience extreme lags on my S23 Ultra. Quite often (without me being able to identify a pattern), my screen will not turn on for 5-10 seconds after pressing the power button. I already feared the button itself broke until I noticed that the screen would eventually turn on after some time

In some cases, I also experience such lags when swiping down to open the quick access / notification panel. Nothing happens until 5-10 seconds later the panel appears.

I have the latest OS/OneUI versions installed. I reset the device completely, yet ran into the issue once again. Everything about this feels like a software (incompatibility) issue where things are happening in the background before the screen reacts. Is there anyway I could find some logs or similar to look into what's happening on the phone in these situations?

I need to point out that it does not happen all the time I unlock the phone. More often than not it happens after not using the phone for some minutes, but even this I did not manage to clearly understand - it simply happens often enough to render the phone unusable in some situation. I do however not have any performance issues apart from this. Otherwise the phone runs very smoothly.

I am thankful for any idea. I would like to avoid sending in the phone since I've just gone through the hassle of setting up everything again.

16 REPLIES 16
DavidMartin01
First Poster
Options
Do you think that now they have the s24 out it's like a setting added, so we have to get a new phone?
0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

No offense but this is the response every time I thought those of us that are having these problems get from these forums or actual Samsung customer representatives I've even spoken to upper management techs about this. It's been happening since Android 13. My s21 plus did the same thing. The factory reset does not work wiping the cache partition does not work. As the poster above smartly indicated it is obviously a software and compatibility glitch that is Samsung's fault and issue and it needs to be taken more seriously and addressed/fixed. Please also do not come back and say we should try to go into safe mode and delete apps and such it is clearly an issue with Samsung software/os. Device Care optimization places in the edge panel will stop it. As I've written and explained a million times. It happens with every single app including Samsung apps and Verizon apps and Google apps. Screen becomes unresponsive or crazy lags occur and it gets to a point where you can't even swipe your way out but you can weirdly still access the edge panel and every time you do so with the device care app available and loaded into your edge panel as soon as you open it it will always say "Optimize Now" it will not have that button selectable at any other time when the phone is actually working normally you like a super expensive phone should at all times. You will then see it shutting down anywhere from 5 to sometimes 20 programs working in the background when I have like two windows open. Those programs are Samsung bloatware... And at that point when you go back to whatever app you were in if you were typing something like I am right now you've lost all of everything that you were doing at the time websites will reload, if you're looking through pictures you'll be sent back to the beginning... And it's the only thing you can do besides restarting the stupid phone in the first place. This clearly indicates that it's unknown issue otherwise why would the device care app Have that optimization button selectable and only does so when these clearly known Samsung glitches occur. It truly is maddening... I have no doubt that Samsung knows exactly this issue and of course will not admit to it or face it as it would be horridly detrimental to the company. If I'm right it's also prosecutable.

Something needs to be done to fix this. It's going to come out at some point and it will be very bad for the Samsung brand. 

SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

330 GIGABYTES...space is not the issue.

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

Does not solve this issue.

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

Wiping cache does not fix this, nor does factory reset, and many like myself have well over 300 GB in space. Safety mode also is not the solution. Please see my other responses to these posts. I have been experiencing this for over 5 years with both my current Galaxy S23 Ultra and my last phone which was the Galaxy s21 Plus. All of this began when Android 13 dropped...

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

Wiping your cache will work temporarily. Over time the lag and freezing will come back...and it gets progressively and I'm sorry but suspiciously worse over time. Don't bother factory resetting... It's a horrible headache and it did nothing.

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Pioneer
Options

I felt the same way when this issue started for me which was with the Galaxy s21 Plus... I purchased the Galaxy S23 Ultra which I have now and the same exact thing is happening. This has been happening to me for over 5 years now... I have spoken to so many Samsung techs I've even spoken to higher up VP techs. The only answer they have now is to send your phone to them and it's the only phone that I have in my house... It also would make no sense that it was my phone considering it's quite new and as I said the same thing was happening to my s21 plus...🤷🏼‍♂️

0 Likes